Inspired hex bar and stem setups.

Jake.

Hey I tried one of these out at radfest and it felt very hard to gap on the back wheel but rolling gaps were nice.

I'm just curious if anyone knows if you can set these bikes up to ride slightly like a tgs bike and keep the streetiness of it? I heard it was possible but you'd loose bunnyhops, manuals and the ease you can do spins.

The way Tra rides a hex is incredible, I think he uses a slightly longer stem. And I can't remember if he uses different tyres or not.

Any info would be cool, cheers.

Ali had a compy Hex built up at one point - FFW, High Roller 2.5" rear tyre with a Try-All Stiky 2.0" up front, grind on the rear with LGMs and a BB7 up front. Rode pretty nicely for trialsy stuff. That was 'just' with a 90x25 stem on it with the bars rolled a little further forward than normal, but coming from the front end I was used to it still felt quite a bit longer and more trials-orientated. I borrowed it to ride natural a few times and it was enjoyable for that, but was still decent for bunnyhops and other streety stuff.

It looks like TRA's running something along the lines of the Trialtech Sport Forged High Rise stem on that (130x25?) build?

Yeah he is a monster, I'd love to do half what he can do!

Ooh thanks for that Mark, yeah he does look to be running that stem. Maybe one day if I get a hex I'll try the two stems and see how they differ.

Of all the inspireds the hex seems to be the most favored for people to ride "tgs" on. Anyone know why? Is it just because it's a stock?

post-22185-0-91903100-1407064112_thumb.j

Rockman 125x27 stem - Trialtech bars.

18/15 gearing, slightly filed out the dropout so I could run the gear ratio without a tensioner, I also used the mec hanger hole in the frame to put a nut and bolt through so I could run a drive side snail cam to tension my chain (worked out really well) it also makes your rear end 5mm shorter which helps for bunnyhops

EDIT: I also used a rear maxxis larsen TT tyre that I still have here at home if you want it.

EDIT 2: You would be able to get away with a echo TR rim but anything thicker than a 44mm rim you would struggle to get a decent brake set up because of the spacing.

Edited by Seabasss
  • Like 1