Damon Watson - Sunday clips 2015

DAMON WATSON.

In my opinion you've always been one of the riders to look at if you want to see perfect technique.

The use of full body motion is always there, over exaggerated movements to the max. You can see what the bike is going to do before it's moved just purely based on the 100 mile journey your arse is taking when you preload.

I feel sorry for all those men you take home.

• Like 7

In my opinion you've always been one of the riders to look at if you want to see perfect technique.

The use of full body motion is always there, over exaggerated movements to the max. You can see what the bike is going to do before it's moved just purely based on the 100 mile journey your arse is taking when you preload.

That's 1 thing that I feel hinders my riding and a lot of people would feel the same; not using full body motion.

When I want to go bigger I just try to do everything with more strength and "power" but always moving just about the same distance while preloading.

It's feels like preloading more than what you normally do is this nether region of unknown where you don't even feel you have balance and on your bike anymore.

Pahaha, i expected a massive insult but that was somewhat a roundabout compliment, a few people have actually mentioned range of motion before, but I don't think it's advantageous, i just think people have a sweet spot on their power in the range of motion :)

Edited by DAMON WATSON.

Just wondering... You have enough power for two trials riders. How is your riding on technical sections (balance, tight obstacles etc.) that don't require that much power but balance?

At the moment it's awful, but before I quit it was decent so I'm putting it down to lack of time back on the bike, I'm hoping to get out more over the coming months, believe me it's something I'm going to be critical of.

Just wondering... You have enough power for two trials riders. How is your riding on technical sections (balance, tight obstacles etc.) that don't require that much power but balance?

He's modest. Believe me his technical ability is unbelievable. You don't get to see it videos because lets face it, it's boring as fooook to watch. If Damon wanted to do comps he would be one of the best in the world I have no doubt about it. He's allergic to lycra though.
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...