Vapers Thread

JT!

@Ash-Kennard

Bellus can be single coil too ;)

Everyone has tried the goblin mini :giggle: I left my views on it a few posts back for familybiker

Get a nice regulated device (and some decent batteries!) Would be my advice. 

Yeah I read that. But I will probably run it as twin coil for a while to see how good it is.

Ill have a look back now then. 

Could you link me to some decent examples please. What kind of Wattage range am I looking at? My egrip only goes up to 30, with about 1.1-3 ohm but has been fine. No idea what to look for to be honest. What kind of money should I look to spend if I plan to use this as an everyday device?

There's so much choice now that a good recommendation is subjective. Personally I like to go big with mad power.. but.. I think you like the discrete aspect of the egrip, and won't need to use loads of power, so something small with a built in battery may suit best?  As familybiker said, the elaf istick 50 maybe. It has one of the best size/power out put ratios, and an OK price tag too. There are quite a few similar to that also. Google imaging 50 watt device should give you a few to look at. 30 watt devices usually have lower mah so I'd leave those alone if your looking for all day battery life.

best value genuie i know of here  £22ish quid

http://www.vapingproduct.com/eleaf-ismoka-istick-50w-box-mod-full-kit-p-62.html

Edited by *gentlydoesit

went sigelei and bellus in the end. Looking at torchy batteries

Get a set of these instead of torchy - http://batterybro.com/blogs/18650-wholesale-battery-reviews/57179459-lg-hg2-review-20a-3000mah

They are my next purchase, not from that website obviously but they offer info and reviews on most 18650 batteries.

Whatever batteries you choose make sure they are high drain, 20A or more. Especially if you are sub-ohming.

Edited by bike_dummie
  • Like 1

Looking at torchy batteries

well stop doing that! They're only over priced re-wraps of something you can get cheaper! And here again with the lghg2's, best there is at the moment and at £14 tops for a pair you can't go wrong.

*assumed you meant buying own brand :S

Edited by *gentlydoesit
lack of actual thinking before writing

And it's in.. custom fusd claton. dual 29awg 317l core wires wrapped with 37awg nichrome 80/20 coming out at .012 (I did tweak that wonky coil ;) )20151108_142201.thumb.jpg.c231da1a6c60b6

Only taken it up to 100w so far, 'till the coil is bedded in. Vapes nice! Massive vapour production and ample flavour.

*just emptied the tank with a 5 min chain vape session! Glad it's a top fill ;)

Edited by *gentlydoesit
no quad post here :)

Yeah. I bought it for the lols mostly, the machining is quite cheap feeling and the drip tip is awful, but with massive airflow and juice wells this thing can really perform! It makes dripper sized clouds easily with a good coil build,  and having top fill is nice.

Still prefer the billow though. The materials and machining make it such high quality, also loads of upgrade aftermarket parts available. Just wish it had better airflow. (Not that it's bad)

Get a set of these instead of torchy - http://batterybro.com/blogs/18650-wholesale-battery-reviews/57179459-lg-hg2-review-20a-3000mah

They are my next purchase, not from that website obviously but they offer info and reviews on most 18650 batteries.

Whatever batteries you choose make sure they are high drain, 20A or more. Especially if you are sub-ohming.

well stop doing that! They're only over priced re-wraps of something you can get cheaper! And here again with the lghg2's, best there is at the moment and at £14 tops for a pair you can't go wrong.

*assumed you meant buying own brand :S

Cheers for the advice guys. The LG HG2's look like they are 20A, some sites are saying they are 20/30A and I don't really understand why. 

Found some here but how do you know these are genuine or not?

Batteries seem to be a minefield. 

Hard to tell if they're genuine but the shop looks genuine from what I can tell from a quick Google search. Dam good price for the UK too

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?p=26821004

https://m.facebook.com/EssexVapours/reviews/?refid=17

On the face of it, it looks like you found a bargain.

If you really can't trust them then these definitely are genuine but a few quid more

http://greyhaze.co.uk/products/lg-18650hg2-30a-3000mah-battery

Edited by *gentlydoesit

Cheers for the advice guys. The LG HG2's look like they are 20A, some sites are saying they are 20/30A and I don't really understand why. 

Found some here but how do you know these are genuine or not?

Batteries seem to be a minefield. 

As long as they are high drain they are usually good to go, either way whether the lg are 20, 30 Amps or anywhere inbetween they will be okay :) 

If youy want genuine batteries don't get them from ebay ;) Instead try a reputable vape store :) - http://greyhaze.co.uk/products/lg-18650hg2-30a-3000mah-battery

• Like 1

How are you guys measuring resistance of your coils? I've always used a multimeter, but I'm not sure it would be accurate enough for sub ohm vaping.

I bought the batteries btw, now looking at my charger and thinking. Maybe up to 4.2V +/-1 might not be suitable. I currently have this Not sure what to think to be honest. have been doing some reading and apparently it can overcharge some batteries. Although I never had any problems when I was using my mechanical mod.

Opinions? Better options? Safe to use?

Cheers, Ash

Edited by Ash-Kennard

Your sigelei will tell you ;)

I go with experience. I've made.. if I actually totalled how many coils I doubt I'd be believed, truely! I vape from .3 to .08 and don't use single wire strands thinner than 26awg (unless tc) so *normally* 6-8 wraps at 2.5-3mm will land me somewhere close to .3 fewer smaller wraps something like 4×2mm will be at the lower end .1 maybe.

Any juicy twisted or claptoned wire I usually go for 4-5 wraps at 2-3mm dia and just enjoy what it gives as the resistance will always land in my target zone. If I want it hotter I'll add a wrap, if I want a quicker ramp up time I'll take one away. If it gets dry too quick I'll widen the diameter, spits too much I'll narrow it. 

To me it's not like a coil has to read x ohms, just has to work well :)

*I use a lot of different metals*