GearBest Anti Fraud Verification?

bike_dummie

Hi,

Ordered a OnePlus Two from GearBest tuesday and have recieved a 'Ticket' from them saying; 

Dear Adam

Thanks for your order at Gearbest

Your order is now ON HOLD,we need to complete this one-time verification.

This is a standard anti-fraud check for online payment,please check our website for more details here : 

http://www.gearbest.com/about/verify-payment.html

We will process your order as soon as we receive the payer's ID confirmation.

Please provide us the following documents:

1) 1 color photo of your identity card or passport or driving license.

The photo must show clearly, the full name, expiry date, signature and address if applicable.

You can hide the date of birth and document number for your privacy.

2) 1 credit card photo of the card used for the payment

For your safety , please just show the cardholder's name,the expiry date and the last 4 numbers.

If you have paid with a virtual credit card please us sreenshot of your electronic bills, which shows the card number and details.

If you have paid by Paypal,please send the credit card's copy that you have registered in PayPal.

Kindly make sure both attachments' size do not exceed 2 MB.

Please rest assured that we just want to make sure that this transaction was indeed made by the cardholder.

Our goal is to ensure this order's safety for both of us.

As we do not wish to delay your order please kindly reply us within 3 business days.

We look forward to hearing from you soon

Please feel free to contact us if you have any question, we are happy to help.

Thank you very much for your help and understanding. 

Best Regards.

Gearbest Customer Service

http://www.gearbest.com/

Sounds dodgy to me, am i getting conned here or is it legit?

Thanks Adam

Does sound a little sketchy, but then they're a bit of a grey company anyway. I bought a new phone from them yesterday, so will let you know if I get anything similar through. Might be worth getting in touch with them directly (not replying to the email they sent, find an address/number on the site and start from scratch) and see what they say.

We do this where I work. (Mid-sized mail order cycle shop)

If we receive a high value order from a first-time overseas buyer then we just ask them for some confirmation of ID showing their name and address. We've been stung with some pretty hefty chargebacks in the past where it's turned out to be fraud when the actual card owner realises they've had their details nicked and been refunded by their credit card company.  

I had a similar one when I opened my gb account.  Pretty standard.

Gb have the worst delivery times I've ever known! It's like whenever they can be arsed to send it by the slowest means possible they will. Hope you have better luck.  (And you won't if it's batteries ;))

Edited by *gentlydoesit

Does sound a little sketchy, but then they're a bit of a grey company anyway. I bought a new phone from them yesterday, so will let you know if I get anything similar through. Might be worth getting in touch with them directly (not replying to the email they sent, find an address/number on the site and start from scratch) and see what they say.

I don't think they have a direct email or any form of contact other than their 'Ticket' system. I am pretty confident that it is going to be okay i have ordered a few items before but of a much lower value, sub £100.