riders

bigtom

3 minutes ago, Paperclip said:

Myself and others are around Manchester some weekends, I live in Skipton but have friends over Bury area and Manchester and Salford are both really fun to ride. 

sounds good buddy skipton isnt that far imguessing im in the salford area ill be riding most days when i get my stock :) not lived here that long so you could show me where some good riding spots are 

You'll find most of the riding first ride out on the Quays near the Imperial war museum right next to the ITV building. I find when we ride on that side of the river on any of the small walls or the lead painted stuff there (you'll soon find that) we never get thrown off. The opposite side of the river near the Metro line has loads of fun bits but it's 50/50 if you'll get thrown straight off or not. 

Manchester is a different story that you sort of need someone taking you around unless you're prepared to have a good search yourself most of the gems are dotted around the estates, the new Uni campus is well worth a check if you're getting back into it loads of nice set-up's. That itself is another 50/50 as they have security randomly walking around but some of the riding is that on the boundary's of the uni you usually get away with it. The very centre just seems hard work now with the amount of road and building work's going on at the moment (N).  

Edit: Nah Skipton is about a hour away so it's sort of close. You're welcome to pop over if we ride this end but 9/10 I tend to head over to the other citys like Leeds, Bradford, Huddersfield or similar. The rides very rarely get posted onto the forum anymore so feel free to send a pm and I'll give you a heads up near the end of the month what rides are on. Seem's like most people are waiting for the weather before being prepared to travel more. 

Edited by Paperclip

Paperclip, let me also know next time you are riding this way, like i said to tom, be good to meet other riders.

Me, I've not been riding trials long so still a beginner, got an inspired element but also just talked myself into an echo 24 inch which has just arrived, had idea it may be easier to progress on comp bike, need to get out on it, despite the weather! 

Like paperclip says, salford quays is good for a regular spot, plenty of features and you dont get kicked off the IWM or ITV side, been moved on from the bbc side a few times. Also know a few places round ancoats and northern quarter, yet to venture into heart of city centre yet, thought id leave that for summer when its light till later.

Was a decent ride today guys, do it again soon!

I live in Eccles so ride Salford Quays a lot and often with Dave. 

Let us know when you fancy a ride and send us a message. I work shifts so im often there in the week...

Think we've got a few keen riders in the area now so should be a good year, get involved!

• Like 2

I made it yeah, it was pretty miserable to start mainly with the spots id say 80% of being timber or pretty smooth polished surface having a wet coating that just didn't really dry. We managed to find a couple of places in the end that got the ride going and then the last spot probably got about a hour and a half of us really making the most of it being a dry spot. 

I don't have any code for don't turn up I did have a pretty shocking end to my working week but that's resolved with bikes. 

Really cool to meet Rich today. 

Cool, I'll not over-read things in future then, haha.

If you met up at that wooden bench spot at Ancoats (?) I can see how that'd be pretty dicey in the wet!  Need to come ride more of central Manchester some time.  Seems like there's a lot of potential there having had a quick boot about, and I've seen a load of stuff that looked good in BMX videos before.

Hopefully catch up with you guys again some time soon.  Busy next weekend but free the weekend after if anyone's around (doesn't have to just be Manchester either)?

Yeah some of the spots were pretty slick weren't they....hopefully it will be dry next time.

Cheers Luke, was good to meet you all as well. Always interesting to see everyone's different approaches to obstacles, some cool moves were had by all! Liking your effortless big moves and spins!

Yep I'm free that weekend so sure I will be doing some riding somewhere....

• Like 1