Pre pogo days

AndyT

Is this considered old school riding? 2008-2009, mid school riding?  Considering I just stopped using this F T W (wow that is censored here? *** ) frame late last year, it was fun to finally get my vimeo password and find these hidden videos.  Some of these things I can't do today on my pogo stick, back then I rode every day...and was in my 20s...

A brief one from 2009:

If you have the patience, a single ride from 2008; 

Gripped by nostalgia I guess...

edit: some real old school riding from people I looked up to because of their style:

anyone have any more video of Arizono? :

Edited by AndyT
  • Like 6

8 hours ago, jeff costello said:

this is some nice beginner riding... may i suggest you try this on a real bike from today? also maybe invest some time in training, so you can ride those rocks in a more upright position like a human and don't have to grovel across like a bouncy snail who's cock I want to devour. 

U tryna make me turnt bro? Stick with your mod lifestyle.

15 hours ago, old boy chez said:

Got any more Andy ?

I'll look for an old hard drive.. Somewhere there are 5 biketrials.com CDs.

• Like 1

Added 10 more videos, mostly just my own riding/taping from the early/mid 2000s.

Thought this crowd would enjoy this one as much as I have, 

Is he still riding? Always loved his videos. Wish someone would do those tailwhip/bike flip/whatever he does so smoothly today...

Here's another with some interesting early street style from Canberra:

Have a bit more to upload but I've reached my uploading limit for this week... I will say that TGS was so much more interesting on bikes that weren't pogo stick bullshit like bersha/the russian guy with short shorts- it used to be interesting to watch, and they go big as fuuu (watson/tunni).

Is that really you in the first vids? I always imagined you were slightly fat, had a beard, glasses and ate lots of burgers. No idea where that came from. Instead you look a bit like Neil T on your bike. 

Anyway. Love the line in the first video. This is exactly what trials is lacking nowadays - fun. 

Wondering if you have any videos from Velotrial Club Zurich? They had some great videos on X-Lites and later the Echo Team.

• Like 1

Lol... Yes that is me, I'm not an American as you expect most Americans to look like (and rightly so, bunch of pudgy corn syrup pill popping doofuses make up 90% of this beautiful land).  I don't eat red meat so burgers not so much, can grow a beard- have eagle eyes and have never been very fat.  I'll have a hex video out soon so you can see what I look like while typing this, thanks for the compliment. 

I remember Zurich videos but can't say that I've got any... Do have a Braunschweig vid and a tunni and a Damon one that I liked back then.

Brian put up all those! Especially the Trialskings!!

Edited by AndyT

2 hours ago, Greetings said:

Is that really you in the first vids? I always imagined you were slightly fat, had a beard, glasses and ate lots of burgers. No idea where that came from. Instead you look a bit like Neil T on your bike. 

Anyway. Love the line in the first video. This is exactly what trials is lacking nowadays - fun. 

Here is a one day phone video from last october, probably my only pogo stick video (on youtube now, will put vimeo later);

145x25 stem and arcade bars...I have trialtech carbon bars and 150x30 on the gu now but have only ridden it once since getting my hex... The pogo stick in this configuration isn't very fun to ride, and the only things that it is fun to ride on are fairly high risk of getting an injury- it just does everything so much bigger with no interest in between moves.  If there is a local competition and I want to do very well in it I would ride the pogo stick for a month before it...otherwise riding is something I just want to enjoy, and the hex is everything to me.

My vimeo upload amount changes tonight, will have more vids and will edit this post with them.

edit: here is my last F T W  video, a frame I rode for almost 10 years... still has a soft spot in my heart, this is from june of last year (another one day phone video)

Edited by AndyT

• 2 weeks later...

Uploaded a few more, from when I was in love with TGS...just looked so much better back then- can't get through todays tgs videos but these I would watch and watch and watch.

Neil T in zoo vid 32:

Damon W in Gu clips from 2007:

And finally this long braunschweig road trip video- fun times...wonder if they still ride??

edit, my favorite co trials vincent video- a large part because I couldn't come film this day, but know what he was riding and how mind blowing it was back then

and a nopogo.org vince + giaco video... funny their web site was called "NOPOGO" and what happened to comp riding.

Edited by AndyT