Stem search

insomnia

The hashtagg or rockman stem has a pretty common geo (150x30), but will add some height I think. Do you prefer a normal handlebar angle or will you tip them forward ?

There is an echo CNC that is 158x30 I think too.

What handle bars do you have now ?

Edited by ooo

The Hashtagg stem is marginally less rise than other forged stems at around 28°, but still at around 150mm.  It would end up putting your bars up by 8-9mm, but give you about 2mm less reach so not really ideal...  The only other option is going to be something like the Echo TR stem, but if you're not keen on welded stems that's by the by (Kenny Belaey did use one for a long time on his GT with no problems).  I just worked out the comparison between that 145x25 stem and the Echo SL 158x30 stem and it ends up giving you no extra reach at all either, unfortunately.

• Like 1

lame, that sucks. I have a similar situation, I'm not keen on rolling bars forward either. The echo carbon bars have less rise so maybe you could combine them with a mod stem if you can't remove stackers ? I'm not even sure if mod stems are that big any more. Seems like everyone just has to roll their bars to a stupid angle these days.

Only 150x30 I could find was the Echo TR... Had a bitch of a time getting my Trialtech Carbon bars in there but once they were in- no problems since... 

Went to to the 150x30 from a Bonz 145x25.. World of difference

Edited by AndyT