Installing a hose splitter

DYAKOV

I am trying to figure out the best way to install a splitter on my rear brake and I thought it would be helpful if people showed me pictures of their setups and especially how they run the hoses around the seatstays. I can think of a few ways to do that but I'm not really happy with any of them. Think it's just the frame design that's not suitable because of the tail it has... (because color)
So can I ask for some advice or pictures to see what works best?
Thanks!

That's what I was trying to do at first, but there isn't much clearance on the mod cause the seat tube/tail is inclined to the back and blocks the space there... So I need to bend those hoses even closer as they come out of the slaves whereas I'd prefer a more simple and natural shape.
Another idea is to run them outside of the seatstay like here:

stankloud4.jpg

Do you think that would be problematic catching them with my shoes when pedaling?

34 minutes ago, DYAKOV said:

Do you think that would be problematic catching them with my shoes when pedaling?

yes. i think you should at least run a brake booster if the cables are on the outside. i used to run them like this and i ripped them out all the time. very annoying and possibly dangerous.
i added a booster then and it stopped. now i run a booster and cables on the inside. like this:

UotvuVy.jpg

FE1eped.jpg

Edited by jeff costello
  • Like 1

Because of the way seat-stays taper in towards the top tube, you still get a good amount of clearance even if it's like Stan's setup and it wraps around them.  Where it's passing the tube it's closer in than the slaves are so it's at less risk than your crossover would normally be.

• Like 2

I had my old limey drilled as you suggest and there was no issue at all :) I am away from home though and am missing my tools, so was looking for a more simple solution. I did eventually run the hoses as shown in the first picture on top of the page and am very pleased with the look :)
Cheers guys!