Hook tutorial?

cwtrials

21 minutes ago, Ali C said:

that's pretty cool, you're doing a half hook, half "shunt" thing....that's actually harder than a standard hook but useful for getting over narrow hooks where the front wheel can't roll far. If you do what you're doing but commit your weight further forward you'll find you'll just roll up it with no second stage needed (like 58 seconds here old Trialtech video with Stan) which is more the motion/weight position needed for standard hooks......keep it up though :)

Thanks. I don't know what "shunt" is though. 

As I tried to hook this I really had the feeling that I could just roll up onto it. What would be cool though would be to get onto the rear real quick for getting down again. Or a bunny hop to frenchie. This would be even cooler. 

On a side note. Whenever I tried to hook this, I had your words in my head about hooking being easier when done without brakes. As I pull the brakes whenever I'm scared, this helped tons not to pull the levers right after take off. Thanks.