Learning Backwheel Crankflips

Max F

haha, Sorry for pointing you in the direction of a clip filmed on a potato.

I should have mentioned at the time about Tim's approach to his crank flips. Yes, it might make it easier to let the cranks spin and hold a decent balance but imo its bad technique/style. He's essentially making it easier for himself. Which is fiiiine but more kudos to you if you can do it with your weight further back.

Have to agree with Ross - don’t want to knock Tim Pratt as he was one of my favourite riders to watch and I still think is awesome, however a straight up and down rather than balancing on the back wheel over your bars is much easier on the eye.... good luck with v2 of the video trying to nail it without pogo mode! ;-)

1 hour ago, Matt24. said:

good luck with v2 of the video trying to nail it without pogo mode! ;-)

Well, all of the ones on those first two days were without 'pogo mode', and they turned out awfully inconsistent. Throwing myself a bit more onto the bars was the change that let me control the move, and I'd say that's necessary if you want to apply it in actual riding. ;P

I don't think the ones I did at the end looked worse than my earlier ones, but I can see what you mean with how steep Tim Pratt did them - it starts to look weird if you overdo it. An in-between probably looks best.

1 hour ago, Ross McArthur said:

haha, Sorry for pointing you in the direction of a clip filmed on a potato.

That was perfect, I wanted an old looking clip :D

Edited by Max F