Five Ten Primeblue Freeriders

Swoofty

Has anybody tried these new eco freeriders? I got a pair on super sale for black friday. They're made from recycled ocean plastic or something so I'm saving the world while riding trials. I wore them to work for about a week to try and break them in before riding and now they've been on about 10 rides. The problem is, they just won't break in. They feel just as stiff as new and it's very disconcerting. I've had tons of regular freerides in the past and they feel great in no time, but these are not responding well. I pretty much wore out my old pair before switching to these so they really need to break in soon... Has anyone tried these with better results?

PXL_20220111_230332413.jpg

I just ordered a pair too because REI is closing them out as they are discontinued. That said I plan on just using them for MTB,  have other Freeriders (not the ocean plastic ones) and find them just a bit stiffer than I like for trials. For me the old skate shoes they made (blanking on the model) were amazing, soft once broken in. Now that they have more of a BMX presence I wonder if better stuff is on the way.

I am a big fan of 5.10 shoes for MTB, but I don't like any of them for trials or street/trials riding. Too stiff and too much grip, I like to be able to move my feet.

Did 5.10 stiffen the sole of the freerider? I mean they were known to be not stiff enough...  

bought original freeriders last mid-2019, soles totally broke by pedal pins after 8 months.
bought re-worked (china) freeriders a month after the first one broke, took almost a year to feel the pedal pins unto my foot. 
bought my third freerider last week, exactly the re-worked one. Cheapest, stiffer sole, same upper material, only less taggings.

the site states that they were used to make the fiveTen shoes in china and kept the design and materials, even the factory was deteched by FiveTen...

Following up, got mine this weekend and have only worn them chasing my daughter around the block and to the store, but they feel noticeably stiffer out of the box. Sole feels grippy as ever and I think they'll be good for trail riding but not as much trials. Also driving a car with a soft clutch spring and these new stiff shoes was a bit of a guessing game, but I got it sorted.

On 1/14/2022 at 9:05 PM, La Bourde said:

I am a big fan of 5.10 shoes for MTB, but I don't like any of them for trials or street/trials riding. Too stiff and too much grip, I like to be able to move my feet.

Did 5.10 stiffen the sole of the freerider? I mean they were known to be not stiff enough...  

glad im not alone... I finally got a pair id freeriders and cannot even feel the pedal. No clue where my foot is, rock hard shoe... mine are black so I dont think they are vegan like OPs... 

how long does it take the regular ones to break in? I love my 510 dirtbags,but they are over 5 years old and the pedals play with my socks at this point :) 

This is where I get my shoes my pedal pins made an autopsy on my first ever Original freerider. Took less than a year to completely stung my socks and feet.
With these re-processed shoes, it felt much better. stiffer sole, lasted more than my first one and best of all it is around 60% cheaper.... If only this shop sells the soles only, then I can restore my old ones....

image.thumb.png.d70efbafd8d3f51c072385dd12550e4b.png

O1CN01dhjtHZ1Nv2YTZpD2D_!!3423341631.jpg