Trialtech Carthy lever bleed

Canardweb

On 5/10/2022 at 5:13 PM, AdamR28 said:

Nope, very easy to bleed because the location of the bleed port is naturally at the highest point of the system.

Thank you and sorry for the late reply.

On 5/11/2022 at 12:18 PM, Mark W said:

The only thing really is that they use their own unique bleed hose, but if you bought that lever new you should have received one with it.

Oh, I got mine with the complete bike and I don't think I got something like a bleed hose with it. I will have to investigate through the parts' mess. Thank you for your help and sorry for the late reply!

7 hours ago, Canardweb said:

Thank you and sorry for the late reply.

Oh, I got mine with the complete bike and I don't think I got something like a bleed hose with it. I will have to investigate through the parts' mess. Thank you for your help and sorry for the late reply!

I've meant to make a bleed hose, but seem to have got away with just bleeding bottom up and letting the water run out of the lever for the past 3 years.

2 hours ago, Alex Dark said:

I've meant to make a bleed hose, but seem to have got away with just bleeding bottom up and letting the water run out of the lever for the past 3 years.

Just thought of doing a bath bleed. Maybe my best option. What do you think as I can't find that specific hose and I really don't think I ever got it?

43 minutes ago, BlAdE said:

Is there any opinion for water bleed with this lever? My brake is with echo sleeves,  but think for changing with magura sleeves. 

Well, I didn't ask but I guess they will be fine. I just bled mine with water and window cleaner mix using a syringe in a bucket of water to ensure there was no bubbles of air. It feels exceptional!

16 hours ago, BlAdE said:

Is there any opinion for water bleed with this lever? My brake is with echo sleeves,  but think for changing with magura sleeves. 

The piston is made from a material that has lower moisture absorption compared to something like a standard Magura piston. This means it's less susceptible to the swollen pistons you can get on standard Magura levers when used with water, but it's generally best to avoid using 'just' water as it isn't the best thing for your brake. Most antifreezes (as an example) contain some corrosion inhibitors and lubricants which will keep your brake in better condition, so it's worth picking some up if you can. Obviously it helps for stopping your brake freezing, but the lube/anti-corrosion properties are the thing you're after. 

On 5/19/2022 at 11:33 AM, Mark W said:

The piston is made from a material that has lower moisture absorption compared to something like a standard Magura piston. This means it's less susceptible to the swollen pistons you can get on standard Magura levers when used with water, but it's generally best to avoid using 'just' water as it isn't the best thing for your brake. Most antifreezes (as an example) contain some corrosion inhibitors and lubricants which will keep your brake in better condition, so it's worth picking some up if you can. Obviously it helps for stopping your brake freezing, but the lube/anti-corrosion properties are the thing you're after. 

That's why I used window cleaner and water mix. Adam once said it was a good product for this application.