Inspired fourplay or arcade?

Malik

Hello trial riders,
any recommendations regarding which street-trials bike I should buy?
I'd love to hear about your experiences with either the arcade or fourplay!

2 years ago I've bought a dirt jump bike, which was supposed to be used for, u guessed it... dirt jumping. In those 2 years I've used it a handful of times for exactly that. But 95% of the time I just went out riding street trials. Now I want to sell my dirt jumper because it doesn't get any real usage.
I have the option between 2 used trial bikes, one arcade team and one four-play team, both exactly the same price.

The arcade has only been ridden once, the tires are just like new and there are 0 scratches—default team spec with hope tech 3 brakes which id swap out for mt7 hc3.
The fourplay however has a few minor scratches, no dents, still in good condition for a trials bike. Default team spec with mt7 racelines and decendant cranks. The black/neon-yellow frame looks nice together with the brakes :)

I can't decide between the two. I'm a bit more drawn to the arcade because of the steel frame, as far as I know, it should be a bit more forgiving, which would be great because I've had a few wrist issues in the past. Nothing too serious though. Additionally, it should be a bit more durable right?
I do ride in our local skatepark or pump track occasionally, I guess it should perform better than the fourplay there as well?
Is there anything I might be forgetting or should pay more attention to? Feel free to let me know!

3aba0b70-496d-4b6d-a1f3-6b8dd5ffce46.jpg.389783108fcd8afe7f9ed19bba9e6d0f.jpg398ce3f1-94de-470a-ae9a-35215ef0cac1.jpg.35e53251fce3f2e863043d957cd82d42.jpg

The Arcade is a better geometry for street riding, but yeah, heavier. The Arcade is a more specialized street machine than the 4play, which you'll appreciate if you really want to ride street. Put an alloy fork on the Arcade someday and the weight difference won't be noticeable.

If they're the same price, the Arcade will be the better value out of those two. You never really know what you're getting with a second hand bike, so if you can get one that's barely been ridden that would always be the preference for me (assuming they're reasonably equal spec wise, which these are). I expect the price of those Raceline brakes is factored in to the overall price of the Fourplay, but you're essentially paying a few extra hundred £s just for the paint on the calipers. If you particularly want neon yellow brakes then cool, but again, when that's on a second hand bike I'd rather that extra cash went into a better condition overall bike rather than some random aesthetic difference.

The Arcade will do everything you want it to do. They're heavier than the Fourplay but the geo means they still ride fairly light. You can easily drop half a kilo from that bike weight by switching to some SRAM cranks on the Arcade if you wanted to further down the line.

The Arcade does have a slightly more supple ride than the Fourplay thanks to it being steel, which (IMO) is nice. 

• Like 1