Weather proofing outdoor areas and obstacles

marg26

I'd really like to ride year round in my little patch in the top of the back garden. Obviously in the Winter it starts getting too muddy, and with the pallets out there year round, they're soaking up water and getting very slippery.

It's too late right now to do much, but for when the weather gets better I'm looking for a few tips please if anyone reading this has any?

Creocote on pallets? Does it have any undesirable side effects like sticking to tires in hot weather, and/or chemically reacting/melting tires etc ?

Or is a cheap outdoor paint the way to go? Any recommendations or tips for what to look for or to avoid? Does mixing in sand for grip work or does it just get rubbed off by tires too easily etc.

Would also like to surface it some how so it's not so ultra muddy. I guess throwing down a load of smashed up hardcore if I could get my hands on some would work. Might be ripping up some existing patio tiles from elsewhere in garden. Not looking for perfectly level surface, not fussed much about aesthetics, but prefer minimum work required...