Bleeding trialtech levers?

AndyT

Just making sure, I've never bled this lever but had it since it first came out. I remembered some videos on tarty with the syringe going into the lever and exhaust going at slave?! That can't be right? I cant find anything on tarty anymore, their bleed lever video is a magura 2005 german guy corporate guy... no thanks

Is it normal maggie style, go into slave and pump oil in- exhaust at lever ? I have the special smaller barb to fit the lever.. Don't know why I thought you syringe at the lever.. Anyone put my mind to ease ?  Cant find anything online. Plenty if how to footplant videos though. :unsure:

double edit- I bled it twice . Normal way... still feels horrendous, mushy lever all the way to the bar. It holds the brake great, but made for a woman or childs hands.  

Are there any levers that are stiff these days ??

Racing line ? 

Edited by AndyT
ayyy please move to trials chat.. didnt see beginner land

Bleed as normal, like 2005 Magura, from slave up to lever. No need to change the orientation of the lever either, like you do with others.

The levers have a lot of power due to the 13mm piston.

Where is the flex / mush you're experiencing? Whats the rest of the setup?

Sometimes a quick push in the reverse direction frees up some bubbles.

Just did a couple hs33/racing line brakes like this. Tons of extra bubbles came out when I reversed. I started doing this last year with disk brakes that use double syringe bleed kits too.

• 7 months later...

I have the same problem. I'm bleeding it from bottom to top with syringe. There is no bubbles left. Did it 3-4 times. Stl feels like there is air inside, feels like s*it. Nothing like old magura. My sleeves are magura and the lever is trialtech. Any help? 

I have learned to bleed them a few weeks ago now and now they are perfect. I bleed them from slave to lever, using a syringe at the slave and a funnel connected with the trialtech barb.

I push the liquid very slowly and I usually tap with a metallic Allen key on the hose up to the top. Then I remove everything starting with the funnel and close the lever system, then remove the syringe, add a few drops of liquid and close the slave. Then I try and ride the bike on some flat using and making the lever snap as many times as I can. Then opening the lever I reattach the funnel with some liquid in it. And very slowly I push and release the lever a few times until there is no bubbles coming anymore. Helps tapping the brake hose again during this step. Your brake should be perfect now.