Chris Akrigg rides Whyte for 2023

Rusevelt

Chatted with my buddies on our little ride last night, he's one of my favorites to watch, but I hate seeing him on an e-bike. To me Akkers was an e-bike before it was a thing, like he always managed to put a little pedal stroke of power in where no other human could. So while I can see him using the motor to take it even further it just feels wrong to me. It would be like giving a trials rider training wheels, we can already balance. That said the guy has to eat and the industry is what it is.

This isn't as bad as the first part of the ODI video welcoming Dennis Ennarson, watching him rip jumps on a e-mtb is just wrong.

Enough of my negativity, I would still leap at the chance to ride with Akrigg.

• Like 2

The thing that stood out to me about that video on the Whyte was how shit that GT e-bike must be. The video Akrigg did on the GT one made it look like hard work, and really stuck with me due to how it looked like it was hampering his riding. He usually made whatever turd Mongoose or GT gave him look pretty capable, but that bike looked like a struggle. In contrast he looked like he was flying on the Whyte! It seemed more of a return to 'classic Akrigg' which was nice to see.

I'd still rather he was doing better stuff on a normal bike, but beggars can't be choosers.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1