Marino street 26inch build / refurb

Private Repress

Oh and this is the bike in its complete state before undertaking the work:

IMG_9183.thumb.jpeg.89a83f2c3d8fcd58307c45055e94355a.jpeg

silver bar and stem to be added, I was running a quill adapter at the time.

wheels will be changed to a set of Pro 2s on wtb rims. Cranks will be a set of old RS7s that I used to use on a trials bike, I’ve sanded them down and began to polish them while I wait for a hens tooth 36t 5 arm 94bcd chain ring to be delivered from France 🤦🏻‍♂️

IMG_9293.thumb.jpeg.616eb779ca8e3bdfeefa13b862c3023c.jpeg

• Like 1

This was a frame I had made by Marino I specifically asked for Spanish BB on this, I had it on a czar and it was what all the Deng stuff was coming with so seemed like a fun shout at the time & the 24" teal green bike I rode in an older edit was the same but smaller. I had issues with the BB on both frames as the welding had turned one side oval. I can't remember if it was these frames or one after where I used to have a gusset under one of the yokes as that for my riding is as the weak spot.

I believe the frame was passed over to a former friend & then Jamie Wiltshire before being sold on again. It's 2014 👍

I think the head angle is 74 I'd have to scroll a long way back in my communication with Marino to actually work that out but my 24 was 74H/A 

Chain stays got worked out for 18/14 so I think 383. 

I think the BB had a cut out on the 24" as well I can't remember if this did or not? 

I also cracked the disc mount on the 24" I think someone like Ross or Leon sorted that with Marino and they moved up to a new style of mount. 

Brilliant build thread! Post some clips up 🤘🤘

• Like 2

@Paperclip dude thanks for posting this! Wow that Spanish bb choice has a lot to answer for 😂

This frame is the one with the single gusset beneath the chain stay. Great to know the age of the frame, I’m surprised it’s as old as that, lasted relatively well!

That makes sense about the gearing for the chainstay length, as I can’t run it slammed. The bb is indeed cut out.

And yes @Ross McArthur mentioned the feedback he and @LEON gave to Marino to get the mounts sorted, I have the newer style ones on my 24. 

I have to say I think you did a great job with the geo, it is by far the nicest 26inch I’ve ridden. Kudos

looking to get a bit my riding on it now it’s fixed. Had a few hours on it at the weekend at the local skate park and loved every minute. 

• Like 1