Bashplate for mod

La Bourde

• La Bourde changed the title to Bashplate for mod
11 hours ago, La Bourde said:

Thanks bro!

The second one seems not to be compatible, the mount on the back is vertical.

Maybe I will go for a bashguard instead.

A plate would be nicer, I never rode 20" and I think it makes send to ride it differently.

Oh my bad. I can ask Christian at Crewkerz if he has some left from the old Atomz times. He has some old time treasure.

So you did get a 20"? I should have never gotten a 26" for riding trials again. 20" is where I belong and I regret that. The new Jealousy won't be here before some time (can't tell when exactly) so I may have another project to get back to mod but nothing is certain yet...

• Like 1

There was a cheap one and I was always tempted to ride one.

I tried two years ago a quite modern mod and I was really surprised how well it felt. Years before I tried a Monty and I really dislike how it felt.

I think riding a mod will force me to tries moves I do less with a 26". As someone coming from MTB, I try to roll a lot obstacles and to keep my momentum. 

The Atomz feels really good. Currently it is at my parents place, so I will not ride it much.

I will try to get it home for winter.

IMG_20230912_183832.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, La Bourde said:

I tried two years ago a quite modern mod and I was really surprised how well it felt. Years before I tried a Monty and I really dislike how it felt.

I think riding a mod will force me to tries moves I do less with a 26". As someone coming from MTB, I try to roll a lot obstacles and to keep my momentum. 

The Atomz feels really good. Currently it is at my parents place, so I will not ride it much.

IMG_20230912_183832.jpg

These were indeed great frames to ride.

It's strange you say this as it's how I rode my 26" when I started trials again a few weeks ago. Now I am just riding it as a pogo stick again and that feels not fun at all... These modern frame and components don't help. I miss the playability of the mod. I was having only good days with it and now I miss it loads. And there are none for sale anywhere!

I will ask him and tell you what he says! 

Edited by Canardweb
  • Like 1

Yo, so finally talked to him about this and he said that he hasn't got any left. You can apparently make one from an old french one (don't really know what he meant, but I am on it don't worry).

He is going to find the plans of the frame to see how you can modify one. I'll keep you updated.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/14/2023 at 2:27 PM, La Bourde said:

IMG_20230912_183832.jpggeometry dash subzero

This is incredibly impressive, and the fact that you made it yourself with spray paint makes it much more so. Excellent work!