Ss Tensioner

Todge

This is what kept me busy all of yesterday and late last night. Its similar to the Rennendesigngroup Tensioner.

Details:

Made from 1/4 inch aluminium.

Stainless steel bolts.

2 Cartridge bearings.

PTFE roller.

Weighs 130g (approx)

Contains 11 functional parts.

DOES NOT HAVE SPRING :D

Should fit on most frames, as it bolts up tight against the mech hanger.

gallery_439_262_1090925491.jpg

gallery_439_262_1090925506.jpg

gallery_439_262_1090925520.jpg

Todge :S

Looks dam pimp you should go into production. The only problem i can see with it is that when you goto bash and push on the chain it will have no 'give' (because of no spring) meaning it would put a lot of force on the tensioner. I like how it uses the QR too :S

Looks dam pimp you should go into production.  The only problem i can see with it is that when you goto bash and push on the chain it will have no 'give' (because of no spring) meaning it would put a lot of force on the tensioner.  I like how it uses the QR too :D

We shall discover if it does that later :S

Havent gave it a good thrashing yet, but I will do :D"

Functional and aesthetically pleasing (Y)

Do you need a longer QR though?

How do you adjust the in-board position of the chain roller? Maybe the roller is made wide enough for the various positions.

Why not sell a few of those, as has already been suggested, there's plenty of room to undercut the tensioners on the market from people like Ripoff-All, whilst still making it worth your while :(

First time I'd seen this tensioner too: Rennendesigngroup tensioner - $50 (£27 not including postage)

Steve

Well it does work now I have been riding, but my mech hanger is a bit loose so the tension keeps going a tiny bit slack (Y)

It needs a spring, I'm afraid. Or at least some springyness in the metal/whatever material you use.

Looks nice. But it doesn't work, sooooo.

Looks a top job Todge, summat to be proud of (Y)

it shouldnt need a spring neither, being up-tensioned :( A bit of slack in the chain is good: look at all the mod chains/freewheels that've been fooked by over-tensioning!!!!