Ss Tensioner

Todge

Its been a week now and no problems with it. When you land on the bash, it doesnt touch the chain so doesnt pull tighter (Y)

Peoples opinions of it seem to be good, so I may have to make some more (Y)

If/when I make some more I will make them half the thickness, as 1/4 inch is a bit too much, but hey, its strong as hell (Y)

Edited by Todge

Why do other tensioners sell so well then Tomm, everyone always compalins about chain tensioners not working properly, surely this one is no different? Also, why are Rennendesigngroup selling their tensioner?

Because people are stupid! Hey, we buy Brisa frames and forks, dont we?!

Why do other tensioners sell so well then Tomm, everyone always compalins about chain tensioners not working properly, surely this one is no different?

the rennen one (and todge's) are a different design to the dmr's and surly ones, and do actually work better for trials (or so i have found at least)

Also, why are Rennendesigngroup selling their tensioner?

er....to make some money found a product they feel offers a different or better solution to others on the market. i dunno why do people sell things?

Edited by leedstrials

I suppose the Rennen one IS slightly better than the Forge one, in that it clamps the tensioner in 2 places... Still, lack of spring doesnt really turn me on after the issues i had with my Forge...

You done a top job there Mr Todger :-" Well impressed (Y)

I suppose the Rennen one IS slightly better than the Forge one, in that it clamps the tensioner in 2 places... Still, lack of spring doesnt really turn me on after the issues i had with my Forge...

You done a top job there Mr Todger  :-"  Well impressed (Y)

what was the forge one like, i can't remember!!

was it like the dmr ones but no spring??

what was the forge one like, i can't remember!!

was it like the dmr ones but no spring??

Pretty much (Y) Just an arm with a nylon roller on a couple of bearings... which bolted to the mech hanger with a 15mm-headed bolt (like i always carry a pedal spanner around with me :-)... and didnt stay tight, haha.

But.. if you hit it you are screwed... You no longer have a cheap mech hanger to replace you have to fork out for a hole new tensioner.

Not liking THAT idea to much.

Im sure a slab of 1/4" half-decent aluminium alloy is a lot stronger than a bit of cheesy cast offcut aluminium.

Pretty much (Y) Just an arm with a nylon roller on a couple of bearings... which bolted to the mech hanger with a 15mm-headed bolt (like i always carry a pedal spanner around with me :-)... and didnt stay tight, haha.

sounds pretty lame!

the rennen on does work better if you up tension it. i have to down tension mine and will slowly come loose if i land on bashguard/chain a lot, which is occasionally annoying.

but i generally have a bag with me (or someone else does) so i ain't too bothered taking a spanner!

• 3 weeks later...
Looks dam pimp you should go into production.  The only problem i can see with it is that when you goto bash and push on the chain it will have no 'give' (because of no spring) meaning it would put a lot of force on the tensioner.  I like how it uses the QR too ^_^

i ride a 24"..when i land on bash my chain is pushed up until my bash and wheel are fassened on the wall either side this means my mech is strechting!!! why wont this affect this ss tensioner(my mech is set very tight as it is..most links took out as poss!)surley it will move it and the chain will become slack??? ^_^

• 1 year later...

Ran one on a jump bike and may run it on my 24" when I get it built (If I need to)

Works absolutely fine since ive had it, only niggle is that the groove in the whel was too thin to run my KMC Kool chain (singlespeed version)

Nothing that a quick play with an angle grinder didnt sort out though :P"