Bmx Pics Thread

Mark W

not really - 175mm with 36-14 (or is it 15?) gearing . could it be the bashring that frightens you ?

Yeah...Iam not a fan of bashring's...Dont even run one on my stock....Mainly cos' i carnt afford anything and iam a cheapscape. :)

Iam really digging that green bmx...Some old skool looking vibe on it. (Y)

Yeah...Iam not a fan of bashring's...Dont even run one on my stock....Mainly cos' i carnt afford anything and iam a cheapscape. :)

At the end of the day, a bashring is there to protect other parts so its worth spending the money on one, in the long run you could end up spending less money because if you accidently hit your sprocket that would more than likely need replacing and maybe your chain too. :huh:

And thin grips > thick grips :P

speaking of grips - where did you find those giant black condom things you're running ?

my experiment with foamy grips has ended in tears (well, tearing :lol: ) and i want some huge great long flangeless thin ones.

edit::

replacement phone turned up this morning so i thought i'd post another bmx piccer. most stickers are gone, brakes removed and hairy seat replaced with a shadow slim.

less brakes = more fun (Y)(Y)

[attachmentid=6410]

post-5340-1155123621_thumb.jpg

Edited by poopipe

Looking fly, Anustube. They're Primo Stricker grips. Places like www.sourcebmx.com do 'em.

My driver's gone semi-shit, so I've ordered a one-piece. Seeing as I'm commiting to awesomeness, I thought I'd sell my sprocket + go for a smaller setup. Initially wanted 30:11, but Pijin had run out of 11t drivers, so I've got a 28t sprocket and a 10t driver heading my way. Should be here tomorrow, if so, expect PICT0RZzzzzzzz

EDIT:

New sprocket = *hot*

IPB Image <- The focus is so sharp :rolleyes:

IPB Image <- Sharpening ***

IPB Image

IPB Image

I've got the Himiko on the rear, had that Demolition Zero on the front for a good while now :)

The brake's probably gonna come off again at some point, but I've been riding a lot of ramp and park recently so it kinda makes sense to keep it on, plus ragging along super fast and popping manuals is nice, without the fear of The Stamp when you loop out :P

will be getting my new shizzle next week, but i'm not sure what to upgrade next, front wheel or forks, both of which are shiiiite on my bike...... help :P

EDIT: have already got bars, rear wheel, pedals, grips, seat and pegs, before anyone says upgrade those things first.. :P

Edited by rhythm_101

The G-Sport hubs are pretty light, I think. Also come at a premium though ;)

You may have a bit of a job finding a new, light, 36H 14mm axle hub though, they're pretty much all 10mm aka 3/8" now?

The Odyssey Hazard front hub's 14mm and 36H from the hubs I've looked through so far.

There's this Halo hub too:

IPB Image

Not sure how good it'll be though...

They do stand up OK on the front to be fair. You'd need to get the adaptors for both fork and peg, I think, although Bongo said he knows some guy in Liverpool who just runs the 10mm axle in a 14mm dropout without an adaptor. Obviously you'd need one for the peg though. I've got a 10mm axle up front on mine in some 14mm Dirt forks, so I just run the axle adaptor on the inside of the fork leg, then the peg adaptor inside the peg itself when I set mine up.

IPB Image

Got a new tyre on the front (Oddesy) from nass for a tenner. :o

IPB Image

Tnt rear hub on it's way aswell from pauloliver. (Y)

While iam here can anyone tell me what bar's are on my bmx and what small but cheap red sproket to get and what gearing shall i run with it?Oh and what pad's shall i get aswell? :rolleyes:

Edited by nickyw

Pads: V-Flys.

Sprocket: Lowest you could go is 36t with that hub, and then run 36:13. I think Shadow Conspiracy do red sprockets, so just scope out www.winstanleysbmx.com If Shadow don't, I'm almost positive Snafu do (Y)

414, reluctant, standard and tree all do red ones. only the 414 would really be considered chaep though. There's the profile ones as well but they're far too gay for a ghetto ride like that one.

If the bars are the ones that came on the bike they could well be odyssey 41thermal they were standard kit on the diamondback fubar (which is what I think that is). If they are 41thermals they don't need upgrading unless they hurt you - compare the parts off against Wing's bike cos his is prettymuch standard - most of the bits are from the 41 thermal range and they're pretty top notch bits.

• 2 weeks later...

I did a bit of painting and it went fine this time.

I'm trying to decide if I want to buy something for the bike, choices are pedals as mine are a bit past there sell by date, ti axle nuts as I just can or some new tyres.

I might aslo pantmy frame gloss black depends if I want to spend £50 on the primer and paint and can be bothered to take my bike apart again.

IPB Image

I did a bit of pain..... blah blah blah..... :P

**pic***

Very noice indeed, The only thing i personally don't really like is your bars, But hey, Its your bike, Not mine :)

Edit: Spelling :-

Edited by T-MAGura