Bmx Pics Thread

Mark W

I think joes helmet is cool. B)

and you are probably right mark (as-if you're ever wrong) but i'll see how the dirty harry goes, it's not as-if cable levers are megabucks to replace anyway.

(anyway i'm saving up all my regret for when my yellow cable arrives, hahahaha).

There's just no need for plaz pads I don't think, you learn to rely on balance and pedal tension more on a BMX, and using this makes your shit look much smoother than whacking your brake on left right and centre... I mean theres things people can do brakeless which I think half of you wouldn't believe, like 540 barspin hurricanes :blink:

There's just no need for plaz pads I don't think, you learn to rely on balance and pedal tension more on a BMX, and using this makes your shit look much smoother than whacking your brake on left right and centre... I mean theres things people can do brakeless which I think half of you wouldn't believe, like 540 barspin hurricanes :blink:

Its your sylte that counts, if you need a brake then so be it.

Theres things you can do peglass aswell but what if you like pegs, so be it.

For the times you need your brake though, I'd rather have a decent one? I limit myself to what I use my brake for, but just 'cos you've got a brake doesn't mean you're "whacking it on left right and centre" at all?

People also do brakeless, footjam fufanus and abubacas, but I'd hate to do them. People also do grinds, but I hate doing them. As a result, I run my bike so I can ride it how I want to, which works for me ;)

For the times you need your brake though, I'd rather have a decent one? I limit myself to what I use my brake for, but just 'cos you've got a brake doesn't mean you're "whacking it on left right and centre" at all?

People also do brakeless, footjam fufanus and abubacas, but I'd hate to do them. People also do grinds, but I hate doing them. As a result, I run my bike so I can ride it how I want to, which works for me ;)

Agreed Ive been over the back on a wall with my plaz pads and black rim, landing on your back hurts.

it seems really good actually, its deffo a two finger lever becasue i cut my bars down to 23", pulls alot easier and i managed to get a lot more tension in the cable so it's alot more like my old maggie setup, rather than the slack standard break.

got some plaz pads too which made a massive difference so it's all good. Alot more enjoyable to ride.

As for the forks, hahaha!, erm, i take it you mean backwards? I just checked em and they are deffo exactly inline with my headtube, but is that a good thing? I thought only dirt forks had a slight forwards offset?

I've only hit them once when i clipped a wall and landed front first, hence my bent lever, i don't think it was harsh enough to bend them though.

Straight blade forks usually do look bent back a little, it's just the way they are.

But yeah, Joe, I'm curious - how's 25:13 working out? Is it not super spinny, or do you usually just ride park stuff?

P.S. Nice bike there Rich, even with that weird cable-routing :P

P.S. Nice bike there Rich, even with that weird cable-routing :P

shh :P , it was all on and working before i realised it made more loops than a packet of polos, plus it's as long as a marathon and i didn't wanna risk cutting it down just yet, so it doesn't make too much difference which way it went....

..yeh basically i'm gay at that sorta stuff.

anyway, sentenced to life is ok, not worth the £18 i paid for it though, plus the menu music is doing my head in. Some really good lines in it, but bit too much park for my liking. Although i ain't watched the extras yet.

pardon???? who the f**k in the WORLD can do 540 hurricane barspins brakeless?????

This is my ghetto get to work mobile.

Its an old wtp thrillseaker, I have gone for the raw look aswell :P

Take special note of the:

Skinny bars, lack of brakes, FSA Pig (iron) cranks, shit wheels that dont spin very well, huge snafu seat, huge chainring, the silver spray paint on the bars/stem from christmas, lots of rust, V8 pedals and a KMC chain :o finished off with rubber from the bottom of my work shoes (brakes) collecting at the top of the forks...

At least its unlikely to get nicked from out the back of my work :lol:

[attachmentid=3516][attachmentid=3517]

post-223-1144265884_thumb.jpg

post-223-1144265899_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my BMX, I like it its just right for my size I find.

Its nothing special, Proper cassette hub, half link chain, profile chain ring. Nothing to spectacular.

IPB Image

At the moment im running it brakeless just to see what its like and i like it alot, alot easier to bar spin and stuff like that.

For sale if any ones intrested Not a clue on how much its worth but i am looking around the £300 mark, if you want any info please PM me and i will be more than happy to help. (this is just a quick chance to get in before it goes on ebay).

(hope my picture has come out ok as this was my first time at pic uploading).

Tom

Here's my latest ride, I bought this in absolutely hideous condition, and done it up.

Federal Division frame

S&M Pitchforks

We The People cranks

Profile Blackjack chainring

Mostly Mongoose parts

This is how it looked when I got it:

IPB Image

IPB Image

And this is how it looks now:

IPB Image

IPB Image

Not bad for £50 I'd say :)

• 2 weeks later...

Had a bad crash the other night at epic and knocked myself out and messed my shoulder up.

so i decided to take my bike apart and spray it Opaline green.

IPB Image

It looks chrome from a distance but when you move closer it gets greener.

Edited by spangler

Had a bad crash the other night at epic and knocked myself out and messed my shoulder up.

so i decided to take my bike apart and spray it Opaline green.

It looks chrome from a distance but when you move closer it gets greener.

pimpalicious

hope you get better soon dude :)