The New Messenger

Pauly

You can get msn7 from HERE.

IMO MSN's default client sucks horribly (as does pretty much all other software written by Microsoft and most default chat clients).

If you use MSN (or any other messaging protocol) then I reccomend either using Gaim or Trillian.

The former is what I use, is available for *nix and win32, does nearly every messaging protocol under the sun and has a whole slew of really nice features (tabbed chat windows being the most useful). It's primarily a *nix app, but I think it's just as stable for Windows these days.

Trillian is a windows only app (bleh), probably the most used multi-protocol chat client around. Supports all the major protocols, has lots of lots of skins available for eye-candy whores and I think has a few pretty tasty features as well (although no tabbed chat windows!).

Unpinning the crap emotions and replacing them with your good ones is a good touch too (Y)

Also theres a way to keep your old pics and stuff still:

A] First Method:

1) Close MSN Messenger.

2) Open C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger in Explorer.

3) Copy (CTRL+C) all the directory`s consisting out of a number.

4) Open C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger (BETA) in Explorer.

5) Hit Paste (CTRL+V) and choose to overwrite things when asked.

B] Second Method (thanks to LeoX):

1) Open the MSN Messenger 7.0.0205 installer you downloaded.

2) Select Repair. Now let it repair and click Finish.

3) If you want to apply any patches to remove banners, or the beta-tag, do it now.

4) Run MSN Messenger 7.0 and say "Welcome back!" to your personal stuff.

(Y)

Olly

I have no problem with MSN messenger.  Didn't like Trillian.  If I had a problem, I would try Gaim, but MSN is fine and looks really nice (Y)

Agreed :- you always talk such sence.

I can't see anything worng with messenger... I only need one account at a time, though i think you can pthc it to have more anyway.

I tried trillian and decided microsofts version is better too..

Got to love this new version once you have removed the adds etc. (Y)