Domains

pinky

I use www.oneandone.co.uk for domains, never had any problems and theyre always really helpful, think a .co.uk is £2 per year

Then for hosting try www.web-mania.com , Ive heard lots of people reccommemnd them and I bought a years hostage (for £20) a bit ago, although not really used it much yet so cant comment too much...

Yeah but DC is £15 a year, but firmsolutions is $9.95 a month.

EDIT: To be honest, D-C is fine for what Pinky needs, and plus "unlimited" never means unlimited, as this forum found out many times.

Edited by MonsterJ

and plus "unlimited" never means unlimited

Very true, very true.

A hosting company would be suicidal to offer "Unlimited" bandwidth/resources...

They may allow you to use a maximum of 5% of the bandwidth at any one time - which may not seem much - but they have big fat fibre-optic connections in data-centes (5Gb/s or something sick. I know Google uses 2.3Gb/s....) ... and you'd struggle to fill this.

They say "Unlimited" becuase they *know* that you couldn't possibly overload their systems -

• 4 weeks later...

If i get the bronze package for £15 a year on digital crocus.....

Does this mean I can upload my HTML pages from dreamweaver to this and then I'll buy a domain name from somewhere else or just get .tk ??

(I may sound stupid but I dont have a clue, ive bene using trials shack for my site but Im not aloud any more, so If i got the package from DC, would it just be the same as using trials shack to host it ??)

thanks sam (Y)