All Torque, No Trousers

hititfaster

am i?

the figures i get from mr owen hardisty the designer are 545nm

this guy knows his engineering i dont know howhe works it out, i will find out

Not any more, i'll thank you on behalf of Tom (Y) Cheers. 545 is hardly different though, and i'll err on the high side of that anyway, dont wanna eat concrete :P"

Edit: Lee, i might as well be the bloody designer, i was less than 6% out :o

iv got 90BHP

i dont know thwe figure in Newton metres.

but thats what my cars got.

Its not as if you can get on a rolling road on a bike.

but surely if you KMC kool chain aint snapping it is less than 1300kg or what ever the amount is.

so why dont people post the ACTUAL way to work the jobba out?

you say you have got figures?how did you get em?

hub diameter (where pawls are) x 21t (sproket size) / (divide) how many links are int chain? :P

just a guestimate would be handy to know,seen as how i want to go up to the average joe and go "oreyt mate,you know that i just did,1100newton metres of energy and a good 50break horse power" it may seem a good question no doubt, but the easiest solution is a "Calculator" which = someone giving someone a formual on how to work it out. = no arguements and people can work their own out :o (Y)

Waynio........................

U talk shit .I canny give two shits who licks your arse i dont care how can u say we are wrong when we are the only people who have the hub,and you dont.so how can u say u know the correct figure when u havent even seen the internals off the hub.

WANKA - BRIDGE.

Trials hub = crap

U say the trials hub is crap even though you are selling hope products??

Edited by Mr Koxx

LMFAO!

"Div" i really have no idea on it thats why im waiting for the "Formula" to work it out. i know it might be tomorrow but it will be funny to know.

i could even enlighten my boss and Akrigg with it.haha

the words that would spring to sumones mind who is half pro and wants to ride is "What alot of bollox!"

it would be nice to know why the guy wants to know the figures in the 1st place? as surely unless your designing a hub you wouldnt need to know :o or have i just given it away? mind you it would be hard to make a hub that would work as thats why there are big companies like hope in the world who do it and there design is so gud some people would never need more than a hope hub.

Waynio........................

just my opinion really.i dont wanna offend anyone (Y)

it would be nice to know why the guy wants to know the figures in the 1st place? as surely unless your designing a hub you wouldnt need to know  (Y)  or have i just given it away?

Hehe, yeah it was pretty obvious really! I guessed his idea, ive looked into it before, but it doesnt work for trials hubs.

Not meaning to get into the argument, or tom "bum" anyone, but......

I agree with Tarts maths there... That is the torque given to the hub.

It may not be the force aplied to pawls or whatever, but it will be the torque given to the hub when the chain is under almost its maximum tension before snapping.

And the simple question asked by Hititfaster was what torque is applied.

Edit too slow.

Edited by Steve-A

I don't know you at all, but you're being such willy in here Lee! Proper childish, yeah Tart was wrong, 'least didn't turn it into some little bitch fight

Great representation of Koxx & Cleanbikes :o

(Cue the 'bumming' comments)

As surely unless your designing a hub you wouldnt need to know (Y)

Would be handy to know, seen as how I want to go up to the average joe and go "oreyt mate,you know that i just did,1100newton metres of energy and a good 50break horse power"

Couldn't resist :P

what is it for a profile with a 19t cog at back and a 22t at front?  (Y)  would be wikid to know.

Not sure, ive not got a 19T cog here to measure, but it will be a bit less, probs around 530 or something.

The front sprocket size has no effect upon the torque applied to the rear hub btw, its just the chain that provides the tension for the torque :o

U talk shit buddy.I fanny give two shits who licks your arse i dont care how can u say we are wrong when we are the only people who have the hub,so how can u say u know the correct figure when u havent even seen the internals off the hub.

WANKA - BRIDGE.

Trials hub = crap

I THINK NOT MY FREIND.

Are you pissed? Or are you normally this much of a twat?

Adam's formula is correct, as is what he is saying.

How can the hub itself determine how much torque is going through it? The internals have nothing to do with the calculation.

Poo

i need a bigger ring to get more torque?or is that to actually break the hub?

in other words (am i right?) people are saying more Torque is what is needed to perform bigger moves?

personally i think its technique.........

BUT its quite kool i need to work that formula out cos you would have thort the smaller the ring (harder gear more torque would have gone through!)

BUT i can see why it is the bigger the ring as more force will go through it faster........

bling bling.

Waynio...........................

ps i think lee is working it out on a hope "trials" hub or a normal hope hub.

thats why it may work out diffo to tarts.i dunno though

SMOKE ME!

and wat are you on about great representation of koxx and cleanbikes ???

just stating wat we have infornt of us. The hope trials bub.we state what ride for hope.

What he means is....you're being a twat.

THE HUB HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE CALCULATION. It's not rocket science.

Poo

i need a bigger ring to get more torque?or is that to actually break the hub?

in other words (am i right?) people are saying more Torque is what is needed to perform bigger moves?

personally i think its technique.........

BUT its quite kool i need to work that formula out cos you would have thort the smaller the ring (harder gear more torque would have gone through!)

BUT i can see why it is the bigger the ring as more force will go through it faster........

bling bling.

Waynio...........................

ps i think lee is working it out on a hope "trials" hub or a normal hope hub.

thats why it may work out diffo to tarts.i dunno though

See, now youre just taking the piss.

SMOKE ME!

and wat are you on about great representation of koxx and cleanbikes ???

Well, you're sponsored by them aren't you, or is it Aire Valley now after you broke so many of the XTPs?

Either way, you being a willy in here, you representing them as a rider for their shop. 2 +2 =