All Torque, No Trousers

hititfaster

And being a total dick in doing so?  e.g. "SMOKE ME", "eat shit", "the pussy is in the middle in genral" and "his magic calculator knows how deep a pussy is evem nefore hes dipped his wick."?  What the fuck do you gain from posting shit like that?

What's your job at Rolls Royce (at trialnoir), just out of curiosity?  Do you do any of the design work or just sorta production floor work? 

Are Hope going to need to radically alter their new hub then seeing as it's skipping, or is it just small fiddly shit that needs doing?

With regards about the chain breaking stuff, isn't it going to break where the links were joined, as opposed to it being the max. load the chain can take?  Or are you all talking about actually snapping the side plates or something?

i am a desinger engineer (manufacturing design engineer) fitter and cnc machinist.

it is just fiddly bits that are being altered such as the spring design

i was talking about where the chain joins

regards ash

the smaller the ring, more torque would have gone through!

BUT i can see why it is the bigger the ring as more force will go through it faster........

Waynio...........................

Ah god... im so immature :o (Y)

Cheers,

Joe.

Well, you're sponsored by them aren't you, or is it Aire Valley now after you broke so many of the XTPs?

Either way, you being a willy in here, you representing them as a rider for their shop. 2 +2 =

He's never been sponsered by cleanbikes! :o Just aire valley (Y) .

Cheers,

Joe.

Exunctly, just like the pawls experience less torque as they aren't at the centre of the sprocket. :P

EDIT

Damn you Adam and your lack of flood control. :o

What is a Nm?? I know its newton metres, but what does it mean?? :o

Newtons per metre, i think (Y)

I made them comments because tart was being a bellend.Just trying to start arguements like this one. Anyway wastign time with you lot. U all obvioulsy lick his arse,all i was doing was stating wat i new abou the hub comign form the desgner himself. So think what you want to be honest fanny give ten shits.

Lee

Oh FFS!!!

Nobody is arse-licking. Don't you think the fact that so many people have argued shows that you are wrong? Oh no, of course not, you "know the designer".

I see where I've gone wrong. I'm so sorry, please forgive me.

Lee>Everybody

Bloody hell, what a shitstorm this turned into! :P Some funny shizzle going down though, I quite like these 'discussions'. Bearing in mind that I went out and got thoroughly battered last night, and hence am not in a state of complete mental clarity, I'm just gonna go through the thread and pick out some stuff. Seems logical...

SMOKE ME!

That made me laugh. (The first time)

Yes please  :-"

That had me in stitches (Y)

iv got 90BHP

We found out that Wanio is cheating and using an engine (Y)

Torque = Force x distance

Torque = tension in chain x radius of sprocket

Therefore: T = ~12750N x 0.045m = ~575Nm.

Then we got some of the good stuff... At this point I'm thinking along the same lines as tankrider (Andy): we already have an over-estimation, as we're using an equation based around the biggest sprocket anyone is likely to be using, and one of the strongest chains out there, so rounding it up to 600Nm of torque would offer an additional margin of safety. But there's another three pages to go yet :o

i could even enlighten my boss and Akrigg with it.haha

Wow, I certainly didn't think this thread would go so far! (Say hi to Chris for me, he used to work in a bike shop (I forget which, it's somewhere near Shipley or Skipton or something I think) with my cousin, Adam Busfield.)

the words that would spring to sumones mind who is half pro and wants to ride is "What alot of bollox!"

That may be so, but you'd have significantly less teeth if everybody thought that.

it would be nice to know why the guy wants to know the figures in the 1st place? as surely unless your designing a hub you wouldnt need to know  or have i just given it away?

Nah, haven't really given it away. Ad got the actual idea in about 30 second flat! I wanted the figure because I'm inventive. I saw something that made me wonder whether I could come up with a new drive mechanism for a trials hub, but to know whether it'd float I needed some values. You have to remember that Hope started out small, had some good ideas and made it big. I think if I keep trying hard enough, for long enough I'll get something back.

or tom "bum" anyone

No danger of that...

the simple question asked by Hititfaster was what torque is applied

I spose I'd better clarify what I meant. I was really after the force between the freehub body and the shell of the hub: the force that any mechanism would have to be able to withstand in order to remain intact. That makes sense, doesn't it? I think :o My head reealy is aching now, I'm going to make a very greasy fried egg sandwich and some coffee. BRB.

Mmmmmm. Thats better :)

Are you pissed? Or are you normally this much of a twat?

Again with the laughing (Y)

Ok, I think I'm up to speed now. What it seems to come down to is that to be safe, you need a bit extra, so 600Nm is a good figure.

Cheers guys (Y)

Edit: f**k a duck, do I get the 'longest post in TF history' Pink Basket™ award? :P

lee sponsored by them?only person i know him to be sponsored by is hope, airevalley and heatsink,  i'm best mates with him and i didnt know, its either you been smoking the grass or me?

how many xtps has he broke then i thought it was only one due to the shoddy manufacturing

hardly a willy, just stating his oppinion and stating what he knew!!!

Hmm, an easy mistake to make to be fair, him having Try-All in his avatar, I always thought he rode for Cleanbikes - my bad.

He was being a willy by saying all those stupid comments like:

" :o Roll me up and smoke me!"

He could have been grown up, or dare I say, mature (:o)

Meh. I hope you see my point?