Px Tibo...

Fishwog

Hi,

Just thought I'd tell everyone that I have snapped my Tibo in half at the seat stays, so Tibo owners, beware. Would I be the first person to snap a Tibo per chance? :P

I will be contacting Planet X tommorow to see what they say about it.

Pictures up soon!

Sam (Y)

Edited by younevergetold

(Y) don't you know it.

Apparently I may be able to get it rewelded? I could get a new frame, but I love this frame so damn much!!

What are everyone's opinions on aluminium frame rewelding?!

my housemate had his raptor rewelded at the chainstay and its still going strong. if you can find a competent welder then your sorted :P talk to p-x 1st though lol

Pete

Yes it is discontinued, if I get an ali bongo, them I have to send my Tibo back don't I?

And I'm willing to get it rewelded (for free anyay) and give it another chance, until I perhaps have enough money for an Echo control1065.

Edited by younevergetold

the only thing you've gotta make sure is that when your welder re welds it he makes sure the tube goes back in the right place so that you don't gt a lop sided frame, one of my mates had a cracked alu headtube re welded and it held up fine, no probs the only bummer is the headtube gained about 5 degrees cos it wasn't welded back on where it had come off, they welded over the crack and the frame felt like a chopper....

ps: whats wrong with the ghost? they're lovelly...

I thought you had to heat treat alloy if you re-weld it to actually make it strong again. Therefore making a more difficult job than just re welding it as you may do with steel. I know a lot of alloy frames that get rewleded go again in a matter of days.

thats where i thought the weak spot would be on the frames. but who cares they ride so sweet, might of just been a manufacturing defect in that particular frame, but i think the seat stays are quite thin though for alu.

This is shit, I phoned them up and whoever the f**k was on the phone was just a complete incompetent twat. I had to send them a picture, and they said it may take a couple of days to respond as they are busy.... (Y)

It really did sound like they cared :P *Sarcasm?*

They better sort something out, no frame should even crack after 4 month's, let alone f**king clean snap/fail at a weld...

:P

Well they've got no reason to be quick? You've paid for the product, so they've got what they need from you.

Could always try and lure Brant. Post a positive thread about Planet-X, and somehow Brant always knows they're here and replies in them. No joke...