Magura Braking Force

HarshRider

hello

at the moment im getting round to testing my magura booster i made for my project. i emailed magura to ask if if they could tell me the braking force of a magura hs 33 and did recive one but foolishly my email deleated it :P so if any one for some strange reason would have the braking force of the hs33 magura could they please tell me.

if not i can eaisly email magura again.

cheers Rich :S

Depends how hard you pull it!

But, something like 150N at your finger (one finger), 6:1 leverage ratio of the lever blade, then 2:1 ratio of master/slave, comes out to around 1800N.

If you design your booster around a force of 2000N, thats plenty.

Depends how hard you pull it!

But, something like 150N at your finger (one finger), 6:1 leverage ratio of the lever blade, then 2:1 ratio of master/slave, comes out to around 1800N.

If you design your booster around a force of 2000N, thats plenty.

are you sure its 2:1 ratio of the master/slave? surely having two slave pistons doesent double the power?!?! :P

im confuzed because tarty has always been spot on in my mind :S but now i think im right and he is wrong?!?! argh!

are you sure its 2:1 ratio of the master/slave? surely having two slave pistons doesent double the power?!?!  :P

im confuzed because tarty has always been spot on in my mind :S but now i think im right and he is wrong?!?! argh!

Both the slaves and the master cylinder are the same size, so any force at the master piston will produce the same force on a slave piston. But there are two slaves, so the force is doubled.

Both the slaves and the master cylinder are the same size, so any force at the master piston will produce the same force on a slave piston. But there are two slaves, so the force is doubled.

Or is the combined force of the slaves the same as the master, meaning that the force at one of the slaves is 1/2??

I dont no, just suggesting it because im bored realy :S

It's all a matter of juggling the ratios, basically. Changing the size of the pistons and so on. However, you've got to take into acount the strength of the seals, 'cos if it's too powerful you're more likely to blow a seal (lol... just remembered a joke about a penguin blowing a seal... *sigh*).