Wind And Rain.......

actiondan

Hey guys and girls. Just wondering if anyone is out riding in this wonderful British weather? Me and Robin down here in Falmouth have been out a couple of times in the rain and the wind and it brings a welcome new challenge to our riding! Crap brakes and no traction, you have to learn to shift your weight and balance much better! We had a fantastic ride the other day, and actually did some stuff that we hadnt done in the dry! I guess what im trying to say is, get out there in the crap, and when the sun comes out, you'll be amazing! Oh yeah, and tarty, that ride in the rain we had was pretty cool to! :( :-

I guess what im trying to say is, get out there in the crap, and when the sun comes out, you'll be amazing! Oh yeah, and tarty, that ride in the rain we had was pretty cool to! :-  :-

Action Dan, spot on my man! :( Lovin the lack of brakes and grip :P

hehe! Weve had gail force style shizzle down here, great for gaps, you can literally sail over stuff with the wind behind you.

Not too keen on the rain though, the motorbike generally comes out when its wet, get nice n' muddy.

Saying that, we have this place gallery_4699_444_80155.jpg

to play in, a warehouse with nearly 1000 crates :(

Tom

i went out last night for a bit of a play and my god was it windy, it had stopped raining, but as you said the wind makes everything more challanging, especially when its blowing from the side, theres no time to go standing around on the backwheel, up, go land to 2 wheels was the order of the day. Good fun, if a little annoying. I dont mind the wet, as you said makes things more challanging.

hehe! Weve had gail force style shizzle down here, great for gaps, you can literally sail over stuff with the wind behind you.

Not too keen on the rain though, the motorbike generally comes out when its wet, get nice n' muddy.

Saying that, we have this place gallery_4699_444_80155.jpg

to play in, a warehouse with nearly 1000 crates :-

Tom

You right buggers you.......I hope it all gets set on fire :(

:-

To be honest I think I've been riding more in the rain and wind and cold than I have the dry recently! It's alot of fun, plus when it's raining and you're sweating your ass off it gives a nice little bit of relief :(

Managed to do one of my biggest wheelswitches in the rain, admittedly it was after about 10,000 attempts :">

I think I prefer cold riding, if it's all dry, cold and sunny, it's supreme, as you don't sweat as much (Y)

To be honest I think I've been riding more in the rain and wind and cold than I have the dry recently! It's alot of fun, plus when it's raining and you're sweating your ass off it gives a nice little bit of relief :-

Managed to do one of my biggest wheelswitches in the rain, admittedly it was after about 10,000 attempts :">

I think I prefer cold riding, if it's all dry, cold and sunny, it's supreme, as you don't sweat as much :(

So true! , but i prefere riding when its cold, not too hot, but sunny (Y)

Picky ??

But seriously i ride all weather conditions bar pouring rain!

I've ridden...well...about 3 times since October-time, in a purely trialsy way. The last two times have been in the last two days. Just got back in now. I get arm-pump super fast (in comparison to before), but I can sidehop to 2 wheels up some natural stuff better than I ever could, my backwheeling's not as high as it was but is a bit more effortless (if you get me - my technique's better, but I don't have the strength to do what I used to). It's all good. Both times, it's been windy and rainy and the worst part has been the ride home both times. It's so cool. When you haven't been able to ride for a few months 'cos of excessive amounts of work/bad weather/job stuff it gets a bit shitty, so it reminds you of how cool trials is. The last two days have been like half an hour each of just solid riding, and they've been way better (in some ways...) than the 4 hour long chilled sessions I used to have...

Mark.

I dont minding in bad weather to be honest, the only prob is my bike has been broken so i not been able to go riding for about 7 weeks now. Im starting t get a littlefrustrated. i would have had it fixed earlier but as i not had any money, well i was a bit jiggered when it came to buying my new cranks.