Going Singlespeed..

Guest hiphopuk

wat they shud to is make them with the teeth bit to attach to the freewheel and then bolt althe way through the cog so then there wont be any damage...less pressure and stuff.

Yewah, maybe. But to do that, they'd have to use much more expensive tooling. The sleeves at the moment are just cylinders - presumably lathed.

DX is Shimano's BMX range, but luckily the sprockets will fit on MTB. However, they don't have any shifting ramps. £3 - you can buy them from Forge with the spacer kit... That's the easiest way (if you're getting the spacers). :-

Oh, and Spelling Bee would have a field day with that post - sort it out please :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Right a mate has just got the last single speed kit from forge. And the tensioner hasn't come with a spring. So do they always come with a spring or do you add one when you put it on. Plus have to got any pics as to how they are set-up please

Cheers :- :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

Right seen as though we are on the topic can anyone please tell me if they know the way to make a chain tensioner out of a bike spanner. This would be helpful to me as i need to wait until i have the money for a 'proper' tensioner.. If anyone can tell me how this would be great

Thanks James

If you are going to give me an answer PM would be a lot more helpful.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Necrophiliacs. This corpse has been awoken too many times. And it's wrote not writ.

I just realised this was in the FAQ section and I feel a fanny for wasting people's time with my shit.

dont worry i asked a quuestion here and no one answered it so it was probably a good idea. :giggle: