Photoshop People!

trialsking 55

How annoying is that?! Mr Urban mammoth can whip up amazing stuff like that on Photoshop, while I'm at uni PAYING to learn how to use Photoshop and I struggle to draw a building for my animation! (Lunja mumbles something then goes to sulk in the corner...) :ermm:

Good luck to you mate :mellow: Wish I could use it as well as that!

I remeber a topic a while ago where someone had made a wallpaper that took 18hrs! Was a couple of months ago I think... Anyone got a copy of it?

in true blue peter fahion heres one i made earlier. i did it in my first year of college. i am in my second now. i am doin a BTEC thingy in Graphic design so i got plenty of time to piss about on the MACS. :mellow:

this is all done in illustrator except the four picture right at the bottom of the page.

cheers

dan

dannyholroydfrontcovercopy18aq.jpg

I couldn't work out how to include the pic in the thread, but my first photoshop attempt is in my album in the gallery..... It took me two hours to change it from black to pink... :")

Click the link in my signature to find out how to post mate :mellow:

I thought i'd pop your photoshop jobby in for you though :ermm:

gallery_353_660_22375.jpg

in true blue peter fahion heres one i made earlier. i did it in my first year of college. i am in my second now. i am doin a BTEC thingy in Graphic design so i got plenty of time to piss about on the MACS.  :mellow:

this is all done in illustrator except the four picture right at the bottom of the page.

cheers

dan

Haha I did that exact same project!!!

Also in my second year of a BTEC in Graphic Design but no work to show off!

Urban mamoth .. impressive stuff. Is it done 'over' a real pic of Holroyd? Or did you ust 'draw' it all by yourself?  I`d say it`s a real pic, plus some good skills with the pen tool  (it is vector,right?) :ermm:  Really cool work!

yeah i scanned in the pic from a magazine, placed it in illustrator then used the pen tool (vector) to draw all of the lines/details and used gradients for the frame an stuff like that.

took a long long time! :mellow: meh it's all good fun

cheers

dan

in true blue peter fahion heres one i made earlier. i did it in my first year of college. i am in my second now. i am doin a BTEC thingy in Graphic design so i got plenty of time to piss about on the MACS.  :S

cheers

dan

dannyholroydfrontcovercopy18aq.jpg

I can't see the picture?

"user posted image" is what i see. Also, when i go the URL from right clicking it, i get a corrupt image error. :)

yeah i scanned in the pic from a magazine, placed it in illustrator then used the pen tool (vector) to draw all of the lines/details and used gradients for the frame an stuff like that.

took a long long time! :) meh it's all good fun

cheers

dan

Great mind think alike :S Same way I would have done it. Great work,mate ... I`d love to have a chat with you on this some time ove MSN ... add me if interested : trials_paul@hotmail.com

nichols_sam you are a legend - Cheers chap! :S

Now the world can see my amazing Photoshop skills... :)

I've never understood the whole vector thing, or why you'd choose to use a CMYK pallette over an RGB one... Could anyone explain this?

Yeah, basically with normal colours, the can be made up of the 3 primary colours (Red, Cyan (Green), Magenta (kinda blue) - RGB). And home printers use those 3 types of ink to make up the different colours. You can do it another way using cmyk though. It's just to do with getting the most realistic looking colours when you print.

Ahh, OK. I know CMYK is Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black- so the difference in colour pallettes depends on what you want to print on?

Got to admit I'm a fan of "Radial Blur" - that effect got me a decent mark in my design course :) :S