Everything You Need To Know About The

Matt_Tupman

Sorry for the long post guys but it's all very important stuff concerning the Southwest 'DJ' trials series

Now I know a lots of people have been asking questions about this years trials, i'm sorry I haven't been able to give you any answers but thats because I've been trying to figure out were each trial will be held.

These are the dates for this years trials...

1. Monday (May Day bank holiday) 2nd May --- Bottor Rock Farm, Hennock

2. Saturday 25th June --- Hetor Farm, Ipplepen

3. Sunday 17th July --- Hedge Barton Farm, Dartmoor

4. Sunday 14th August --- Bottor Rock Farm, Hennock

5. Sunday 25th September --- indoor trial venue to follow

Note:- We are currently talking with the owner of Kelly Farm (were the 3rd round of the British Championship is held) so the venues of rouns 3 and 4 may change but I will inform you of all changes if they happen.

Out of the 4 trials your best 3 results will make up your finale championship standings because of this it means you can miss a trial and still be in with a chance to qualify for the indoor trial \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ for more on indoor trial

Details about Indoor trial ........ because we can't have loads of riders to this event due to space we are limiting the riders to only 6 from each class.

This will be done by inviting the top six riders from each class acording to there standings in the series after the first 4 trials there will be no exceptions if you haven't made it into the top 6 then you will not be riding at the indoor trial.

But if for some reason a rider can not make the event then the next highest rider in the series will take their place.

Details about memberships and costs All riders need to have an ACU license to ride in any of our trials if you do not have one yet email me with your address and I can send you a form for one. A license willl cost £10.

You will also need a club membership if you are not already part of an ACU affiliated club but don't worry if you live in the Southwest then this is free all you need to do is fill in a form and then you get your membership.

Each trial will cost £10 to enter .

Now I know I must have missed some pionts as i'm getting tired so anything I have missed I will update.

If you have any questions what so ever please ask by either posting here or sending me an email to matt.tupman@btopenworld.com

thanks for reading this far

now I sleep :)

Edited by Xdream

Hey,

Im getting really exsited about the comps now, cant wait. :-

Indoor comp is gonna be so much fun i can picture it now.

saying that they all are. (Y)

Ur doing a grand job. :ermm: I best get a form then. :turned:"

Cheers Steve

I think letting only six riders from each class enter the indoor trials is a brilliant idea, as it will give people the incentive to ride harder and better in the outdoor comps. I know I'm going to be trying to get in there...

Provided my ankles are healed by then I should be able to enter all of the comps. Are people still allowed to come and watch the indoor one even if they didn't qualify? Would be a fantasitc video making oportunity...

Nice work Matt, see you in May.

Rich

I think letting only six riders from each class enter the indoor trials is a brilliant idea, as it will give people the incentive to ride harder and better in the outdoor comps. I know I'm going to be trying to get in there...

Provided my ankles are healed by then I should be able to enter all of the comps. Are people still allowed to come and watch the indoor one even if they didn't qualify? Would be a fantasitc video making oportunity...

Nice work Matt, see you in May.

Rich

Yeah I thought having less riders would be good (Y) so much I have put it down to 4 riders per class but that is mainly due to space and to stop queueing.

Yes people will be able to come and watch the indoor trial for a £1 entry fee! (Y)

I've nearly finished my information pack for all last year riders so you should be getting one of those soon :P

cheers

matt

• 1 month later...

Ok as many of you may know information packs went out a couple of weeks ago :lol: hope it made scence i think i started rambling a bit in the letter.

If people want information packs on the Southwest 'DJ' Biketrials Series then just PM me your address and I can get one out to you I have already sent out 60 and would like to send out some more :o"

Also if there are any complications with the packs and ther contents or anything else to do with the series then please just post your quires here (Y)

Cheers guys and gals ^_^

dude

i got a load of forms from you and stuff in the post a couple of weeks ago and the blue form with red and black writin on now is that the acu license because it says moto trials on it.

meh must be also do i just bring the form on the day?and give you the money ??

cheers

alex

oh and i couldnt find any old ladys to mug , SO i asked prawn.lol :D

cya there (Y) :)

Sounds good matt. Im realy looking forward to it this year. I'll be riding expert this year, and i know a couple of others who are thinking about it, so that category should be as big a s inter was last year with any luck.

Good work dude

Rob

I'll be there on Expert to so looks like i'm going to have to ride like a beast to get myself into the indoor trial (Y)

did you like the poster mate :P" you had bit of a gurn going :)

dude

i got a load of forms from you and stuff in the post a couple of weeks ago and the blue form with red and black writin on now is that the acu license because it says moto trials on it.

meh must be also do i just bring the form on the day?and give you the money ??

cheers

alex

oh and i couldnt find any old ladys to mug , SO i asked prawn.lol :P

cya there :P  :P

Just to clear up what you have to send and when........

You need to fill in and send the ACU form and the West of England form asap so we can sort out your memberships and either get them back to you or give them to you on the 2nd of May, this will cost you £10. You need to fill out sections 1, 2, the start of 4+5 and section 7.

Then you you also have all the entrys in the pack you can bring these on the day but it would be really helpful if you could send them a couple weeks in before a trial so that it wont be such a rush in the morning :)

hope this has cleared some stuff up :P

cheers

matt

p.s what the hell are you going on about alex :P muging old ladys.....and then Prawn :D

I'll be there on Expert to so looks like i'm going to have to ride like a beast to get myself into the indoor trial :)

did you like the poster mate :)" you had bit of a gurn going  :)

Just to clear up what you have to send and when........

You need to fill in and send the ACU form and the West of England form asap so we can sort out your memberships and either get them back to you or give them to you on the 2nd of May, this will cost you £10. You need to fill out sections 1, 2, the start of 4+5 and section 7.

Then you you also have all the entrys in the pack you can bring these on the day but it would be really helpful if you could send them a couple weeks in before a trial so that it wont be such a rush in the morning :angry:

hope this has cleared some stuff up :angry:

cheers

matt

p.s what the hell are you going on about alex :)  muging old ladys.....and then Prawn :angry:

right can i give you the money and the form on sunday?(this sunday)

cheers

alex

cya monday oh and ill explain the hole muging and prawn situation on sunday :deej:

This is all sounding awsome dude, i only have a few little things that concern me, one of which being your move to expert, (i do not mean any offence etc when i say this) but i think that you would be best suited in intermediate, as that seems to be where your skill level sits well, i mean u and I had a nice little competitive thingy last year, especialy at the last round where i felt the sections for each level, expert, inter etc were set out VERY well, near enough perfect, and found them very enjoyable to ride, what i don't want to see happening is because of your move up to expert that the quality of the sections decrease in order to make them more "ridable", as i do not what to end up entering inter, which i plan on doing, and finding that the sections are easier than last year, to compensate for the easier sections for higher groups (i am sure i will be back up for this).

Like i have said if the sections are set out as good as the ones in that final round, last year i would deffiantly say that you are in for winner as the set out of the sections goes.

Also, the places that they are being held, can u tell them as they were last year, ie: is hedge burton where the first or secon comp was held last year? etc, just so i get an idea of what to expect at each round, as i can not remember the names of each of the places.

Meaning no offence: Adam

PS: should be resieving my forms sometime very soon.

Hi Adam cheers for the comments it made me think :)

The main reason I have moved to expert is because I think it would be unfair on you guys in inter (not meaning to sound big headed) also it means that I proberly wont make it into the indoor comp which may be a good idea as there is a lot of work involved for that comp and I don't really want to be thinking about what i'll be doing (N)

As for the setting out of the routes all the trials will be based on the last trial as I feel that was the best one (like you said (Y) ) So you wont need to worry about the Blues becoming to easy or hard.

When ever I make out a trial I never think about how much fun i'm going to have and how the routes will suite me I go to other trials to have fun :P (mainly cus i'm always stressing that somthing may go wrong)

The locations of the trials are as follows- first trial is at the place were the first trial was held last year, second is were the sonde trial was (humm seems to be a pattern here), third trial is were the last one is and then the last outdoor trial is were the first trial was again.

The indoor trial is at a top secret location :P

cheers Adam look forward to receiving you entys

hey matt, i can see where your are comming from with wanting to give the other guys in blue route a chance.... but we cant all be winners can we?

personaly, the class you ride is totally down to you, but i dont think you should have a yellow route at all to be totally honest

last years comps were great, but who were we riding again in red route? apart from the last comp, there was pretty much just me and steve in red route, and to be fair, if you go adding another class above red route, itll only contain me and steve, and possibly tim wills, which takes out the fun of it IMO!

i reckon that at this club level you should keep it to 3 classes, white, blue and red. red and blue should both be slightly harder than last year, as some things last year were a touch on the easy side at the first comps.... the last comp however, was perfect!!!!

seriously though.... the last comp where you didnt have yellow route, and there ended up being 6-7 people riding red turned out to be FAR more fun than the others....

its your choice mate, but in these things there will always be very few winners.

i vote (and im sure most people will agree) that you keep it 3 classes, that way the very few people who rode yellow last year will ride red route, and the better people from blue last year can ride red route.... making it a more even spread across the classes.

Alright guys, i must admit, i do agree with prawn, its does seem pointless to add another class to the 3 remaining ones. also the very last competition of last years venue, was spot on, i had so much fun that day and it felt liem the competativness wass there as well. was a top day. :)

Cheers guys :ermm:

Steve

Ok I will be putting in a yellow route but it will only have one deviation from the red route on every section.

My mind was made up when Andri Burton told be last night he will be riding the whole series :) and I really don't want to be in the same class as hime and i'm sure Nick and Steve would say the same oh and Rob to ;)

SO yeah there will be a Yellow route but it wont be a complete new route just a little harder deviation from the red route :S

Hope this pleases some people :D