Do You Think The Moderators Are Doing A Good Job?

trials_pimp

Good job done by Moderators?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Good job done by Moderators?

• Yes, they do an amazing job on this forum.
    • They do an OK job, could be better.
    • no comment
    • Not a very good job, could be worse
    • They do a terrible job, and have turned TF into a dictatorship
    • Im a tool and will only give the answer they want to hear

Having been recently validated I would say that the moderators are doing a great job!

While I was in the new members section I told alot of useful things, such as why people say bump and stuff like that.

Also some of the members in there can be a bit..... lets say immature!

So :ermm: you mods, admin and senior members

Thanks,

Callum

If thats the case wouldn it be practical to turn on the 'check post' feature before it gets posted.  The same as in the 'News' section.

Possibly, but then somebody's got to check all the posts, which means even more work. The system at the moment works fairly well, if everyone could nominate NM's in a thread in here it would create a big workload for the people who have to check through all the posts and validate people. Not to mention that people would just nominate all their mates anyway (I know I would :ermm: ) so it would be a bit biased.

Possibly, but then somebody's got to check all the posts, which means even more work. The system at the moment works fairly well, if everyone could nominate NM's in a thread in here it would create a big workload for the people who have to check through all the posts and validate people. Not to mention that people would just nominate all their mates anyway (I know I would :ermm: ) so it would be a bit biased.

But its ok for senior members to do that because they're better people than normal members? Thats where my issue is.

I think that more members should be "downgraded". There are members posting absolute crap, using text talk and posting JUST to start/continue an arguement. whilst some new members are posting useful topics and having to wait months for validation.

Apart from that I think they do a fair good job but there are a few topics that get closed and it's like :ermm:

Edited by Shaun H

But its ok for senior members to do that because they're better people than normal members? Thats where my issue is.

Its not because they're supposed to be better in any way, because they're not. But the SM forum is a restricted forum with a limited amount of members, therefore it is far easier to maintain a nominations thread of that nature then it would be in here where there are hundred's (maybe thousands?) of people who all have the ability to post in any thread that was set up.

Its not because they're supposed to be better in any way, because they're not. But the SM forum is a restricted forum with a limited amount of members, therefore it is far easier to maintain a nominations thread of that nature then it would be in here where there are hundred's (maybe thousands?) of people who all have the ability to post in any thread that was set up.

Good point, I didnt consider the fact that once a thread got validated in this way it would be open to everyone.

I think the only problem Danny said there might be with making a seperate group of people able to upgrade/downgrade accounts from "full" to "new" members is that it'd be a bitch to set up?  'though I don't know.  Either way, there is a "validation thread" about the place where people put people's names in, and there's a pretty consistent flow of people through.

I agree with the whole seperate group of people to validate new members, i thought Danny said this was one of the main new features in the new board, might have to bring that one up again.

Unfotunately no that not possible in v2 without making them full administrators. Its going to be possible to add admins with limited functions when v2.1 hits the shelves but we wont be seeing that for a fair few months to come.

I thought Tarty could do member upgrades, but he's only a moderator though  :D

Correct :D

Just wondering what the issue with me running a shop and being a moderator is? If theres any funny business, the moderation logs can be checked out.

Good thread, I wont contribute any more than that.

Adam

My point with tarty being able to upgrade members and him being a mod, is that you'd just need a new access mask for the new members forum to give a couple of people the ability to change user group, I thought that was fairly simple Danny unless im missing something (Not trying to be a dick although it might sound like it!)

My only issue Ad was that theres always going to be that chance that you delete bad feedback or act rather beneficially to your shop - then again i've got no reason to think that you actually WOULD be a cock like that, so fair. Sorry if I offended! It was just an off the top of the head thing I wanted to air, but nobody else seems to be worried so i'll drop back on that and say fair enough, trusted :D

My only issue Ad was that theres always going to be that chance that you delete bad feedback or act rather beneficially to your shop - then again i've got no reason to think that you actually WOULD be a cock like that, so fair.  Sorry if I offended!  It was just an off the top of the head thing I wanted to air, but nobody else seems to be worried so i'll drop back on that and say fair enough, trusted :D

Yeah, it's a totally fair point. I mean we all know that that's not really gonna happen here, but if I didn't know better, that's what it would seem like.

Im sure he wouldnt do a thing like that.

Its not as if Pete Wight is running the shop..............

Well it seems there are some very good and valid points.

though I am worried about the 6 people on here that are "complete tools and only give the answer they want to hear"

worrying.

My only issue Ad was that theres always going to be that chance that you delete bad feedback or act rather beneficially to your shop - then again i've got no reason to think that you actually WOULD be a cock like that, so fair.  Sorry if I offended!  It was just an off the top of the head thing I wanted to air, but nobody else seems to be worried so i'll drop back on that and say fair enough, trusted :D

Thought it would be something like that - and i have to agree with you - it would be easy to do so. Not offended at all - just curious as to what you thought :D Cheers

I don't agree that we need more moderaters, not at the moment anyway. I'd put my money on that Tart and Mark do the majority of the moderating as they are online the most. Mods like me, Lewis, Joel etc do the odds and ends whenever we are on. I am actually on more than you might think since i have been at uni (mainly lurking :( ) and I barely find anything that needs doing. Unless the guys that do the bulk of the moderating are finding it too much i dont see the need. And none of them have mentioned it as far as i know.

I think that most of the posts that get closed deserve it. Often threads that turn into slagging matches that get lots of hits will get closed before people have stopped the bitching- but they should be stopped as soon as possible. Its all down to discretion and in most cases I reckon we get it about right.

Im certainly glad there is a moderation team on TF- remember how Trialskings, MBUK and many other forums turned out? utter drivel in nearly every post. A lot of topics might get repeated here but considering how large the forum is most posts are of a good standard. I don't know if TF can get much better whatever slight changes are made.

thumbs up to TF in general :D