Monitors

Mr Dave

Hey

yep another question about computer parts :P you love em really :P

ok, i want a new veiwing device :P

at the mo ive got a IBM p70 B) its veiwing is just under 16"

I don wanna spend more than 150 idealy, but could possibly flex upto 200 if its something special :S

so far a mate has helped me find ....

TFT

and

CRT

so yeah, what do u advise :)

and post some links to good ones :P

Thanks in advance :P

Dave B)

http://www.aria.co.uk/ProductsList.asp?Sub...rch&Category=29

17" Arianet FastXS TFT Silv - 14ms

for £130 ish

It is just an amazing monitor.

but its only 14ms,

thanks anyway

on that site, ive found what i think i will get, could i have yourveiws on it....

19" arianet preimium - plus TFT silver

this looks perfect?

tanks Dave :S

Edited by Mr Dave

but its only 14ms,

thanks anyway

on that site, ive found what i think i will get, could i have yourveiws on it....

19" arianet preimium - plus TFT silver

this looks perfect?

tanks Dave  :)

14ms is pretty fast. You wont see any ghosting or anything. My mate bought one infact last monday - its a decent monitor, wouldnt go for 19" though personally, but I guess im just not a fan of huge monitors (after switching from a 19" to a 17").

IMO, you should get the 17" one at aria, its the best value one around at the moment (IMO :S)

14ms is pretty fast. You wont see any ghosting or anything. My mate bought one infact last monday - its a decent monitor, wouldnt go for 19" though personally, but I guess im just not a fan of huge monitors (after switching from a 19" to a 17").

IMO, you should get the 17" one at aria, its the best value one around at the moment (IMO )

humm, im not sure, maybe your right about the 14ms,

but i would like the 19" not partically for any realy reason apart from the fact it looks proper bo :P

Dave :ermm:

but its only 14ms,

Waaaaa?

I would have to guess that around 95% of this forum would be very VERY hard pushed to notice the difference between 14ms/16ms/18ms !! Especially on a 17".

I do Photoshopping and photo editing for a few sites/places, play a LOT of games, do a lot of video editing......infact I do most things labour intensive, and the monitor I mentioned (which is the one I have) is spot on :ermm:

You might see some ghosting with 25ms monitors, however once you get much below that then you wont. The 17" one looks like a good deal, hope it lasts ok though, you get what you pay for.

Im sitting here using a 17" Viewsonic Vp171s, they're about £250 from evesham micros in the sale at the moment. VERY nice monitor. 8ms response :ermm: You get what you pay for! Nice 3 year onsite warranty with it! And a generally really high quality build, stunning picture and tiny bezel.

I'd say for your money go for a decent 17" rather than a hyper budget 19". Oh, if you've got a big enough desk then just get a CRT, cheaper!

Might not be of any help but i've got me a 17" LG Flatron L1715S...

it can be found HERE

pretty cheap and cheerful, does the job really well, nice look and great quality.  :ermm:

I have the very same :-

Having used a 19" monitor for the past 7 years or so, and a 19" monitor in work every day.. switching to a 17" just seems nice - less strenuous (according to the spell checker thats spelt right :P) on the eyes :P