Motherboards, Good One

Ingram

hey im looking to build my own computer, so to start off, mother board, Is a board a board?, or are some quicker etc?, someone told me they are the same but just different to suit your needs, anyway im looking for one wiht alot of slots for pci cards and ram, preferable takes ddr ram (233mhz). Thanks alot

P.S Is it on the graphics card where you can have to monitors or does this need to be on the mother board? Thanks again.

Edited by Ingram

budget, anything i want it to be super computer (A) lol only joking but i wanna make it realy good, multimedia pc.

EDIT: (Spelling) Oh and i want it to look pretty with lights :sick: (Y)" (Y)

Edited by Ingram

It might be an idea to decide your cpu first, and their is a number of different socket variations. Socket A, Socket 754, Socket 939 etc. Once you choose your cpu, you can base your mobo choice on that. Will make it easier. Although you can do it the other way round.

Add me to msn messenger if you like. i may be able to provide a bit of help. ive sorted out 2 people with pc spec lists under different budgets lately so, im kinda upto date with the market you could say...

Ash

trials_star_ash@msn.com

They do the job fine for 90% of users (Y) Its just the bigger brands have more 'toys' (Y)

What like the ability to turn up your voltages, my board allows you to alter the frequency of the cpu but not the damn voltage so after more than 1 or 2 MHz overclock the damn thing conkes out (Y)

What like the ability to turn up your voltages, my board allows you to alter the frequency of the cpu but not the damn voltage so after more than 1 or 2 MHz overclock the damn thing conkes out (Y)

(Y) I can get at least 150mhz out mine without touching the voltage 300mhz with an extra 0.15v hummmmm

Anyway back on topic (Y)

hey im looking to build my own computer, so to start off, mother board

You going AMD or Intel? 32bit or 64bit? Dual CPU or Single?

Essential desicion to make, lol.

Is a board a board?

Yes, just like a car is a car. Some use Desiel - some use Petrol (AMD Vs. Intel)

or are some quicker etc?

Yes, some are quicker at doing things than others - but only by a small percentage....

someone told me they are the same but just different to suit your needs

Sort of... lol...

anyway im looking for one wiht alot of slots for pci cards and ram

If you are thinking more long-term about this computer, then check out some boards with PCI-X on them. Some are hybrids, which have *normal* PCI slots on them - alongside PCI-X.

preferable takes ddr ram (233mhz).

80% of modern motherboards support DDR - others are DDR2 and SDRAM.

Thanks alot

No probs :blink:)

P.S Is it on the graphics card where you can have to monitors or does this need to be on the mother board?

Many graphics cards now support dual-monitors. I have a ATi 9800 Pro, with 2x 19" CRT monitors on my desk.

Thanks again.

No probs :P). Again.