The Superbowl

Stephen Morris

Right, I'm sure you all know from watching the Simpsons and Friends, but the Superbowl is taking place this Sunday. As far as I'm aware it's the climax to the NFL's (American Football's) league. It's on ITV2 and Sky Sports kate at night and I was wondering whether or not anybody will be watching it.

My best mate is now in Boston, MA at Berklee school of music, and since he's been in the USA I've started taking an interest in American culture - basketball, "football," and baseball. Basically, American Football is really good, I'd definitely say I prefer it to rugby or cricket. I know they wear loads of padding and armour, but as a sport I prefer it as its more entertaining than most other sports I've seen. I've bought me Madden '05 on the PS2 and I pretty much know all the rules!

Anyway, will anybody else be watching the Superbowl? Do you know the rules?

I'd really like to play American Football sometime, I wouldn't mind playing basketball and baseball at least once too. Anyway I'm rambling - bye bye.

I'd really like to play American Football sometime

We should have a T-F game of american football in the summer. In hyde park or something.

I've also been watching it lately, on channel 5 at night time (i dont have sky), but they never show full games. Hopefully I'll be able to see the superbowl somehow.

I dont know the rules, and dont really care for it, so I wont be watching it.

I can't believe you have never played basket ball though (Y) . You need to get out more (Y) !!!!

Where did you play basketball?

If the answer is school, then i went to school, but I played football instead.

At the local sports center, at school, with my friends.

At school/in school time but off campus we did Rugby, Football, Cricket, Basketball, Bowling, Snooker, Golf, Horse Riding, Cross Country, and Athletics, Badminton, Tennis, etc.

Most of it was compulsary!

At the local sports center, at school, with my friends.

At school/in school time but off campus we did Rugby, Football, Cricket, Basketball, Bowling, Snooker, Golf, Horse Riding, Cross Country, and Athletics, Badminton, Tennis, etc.

Most of it was compulsary!

Fair play - at school I was in the football team so all I did at school was football, athletics and cross country (Borough champion (Y) )

I dont know the rules, and dont really care for it, so I wont be watching it.

I can't believe you have never played basket ball though (Y) . You need to get out more (Y) !!!!

its very tatical rugby with all the padding. Id say, baseball and ice hockey are the sports to watch. Baseball season starts in april, WOO! GO CARDINALS!

Ash

NFL is so lame, it's rugby with alot of padding. And the only reason they say it hurts more is because of all the metal padding, and helmets. That's why NFL players are scared of playing rugby. NHL Is cool though, I watched a programme about the NHL players who are there to fight. They are f**king nutters.

I have played american football afore, and I don't understand the padding? You don't get hit any harder than at rugby. So I stuck with rugby, also partly because rugby has more "flow" to it as opposed to this tactical stop start stuff.

Anyone care to explain the rules?

Right I'm watching the game now and it's been pretty good so far.

It's currently New England Patriots 7 - 7 Philidelphia Eagles (not Falcons)

The only reason I watch any of it is for the halftime or quarter time advers.

Becasue it cost companys, stupid money tlike 1million dollars a second, so they come up with some fantastic  adds...bloody funny :(

You'll be a bit dissapointed unless you're watching on an American television. You're not going to see the American adverts over here are you, use your head boy!

As for the rules, if I can be bothered I'm may explain them tomorrow.

Stephen.

Americans are so damn weird. What the hell do they think they look like in those little picture clip thingys. Some of them are like doing peace signs whilst another seems to be very worried about his hair... :(

A friend told me to watch this because it'll be "really good". How I'm feeling in one word? Unimpressed. For me this really is boring, admittedly I'm not watching properly but even so, I don't have to be paying proper attention to know a good football or rugby game. This has simply fueled my hate of Americans lol.

Right I'm watching the game now and it's been pretty good so far.

It's currently New England Patriots 7 - 7 Philidelphia Eagles (not Falcons)

You'll be a bit dissapointed unless you're watching on an American television. You're not going to see the American adverts over here are you, use your head boy!

You do know the person you just said that to lives in florida dont you :(