Garden Practice?

nb88

I want something to practice on in my garden trials-wise but dont have any palletes/spools etc and nowhere to get them from (Y) so im just wondering if anyone has built a mini trials course in there back garden and how they did it. I'm thinking ill just make quite a high box out of wood or something, just for a bit of practice.

Post pics if youve done anything like this!

Nozzy.

My idea would be if you were still in school, would be to make something at school that you can then put in your garden. But you would need some way of transporting the thing etc.

The only other option would be to get some pallet's from some where and 'borrow' them for a while.

get some sturdy wood and make a couple of boxes, or railed sections from that, also tree trunks make quite good bits, try and find a couple of smallish trees that have been cut down recently and get some bits of those.

Asides that, pallets and things like that are the best way forward.

In my garden i have...

2x Massive IKEA pallets (came free with a kitchen, worth £25 each apparently :( )

2x Standard blue pallets (nicked from the back of Sainsbury's)

1x Old shitty pallet with chip board ontop (came with a load of paving slabs)

1x ACRO (sp?) pole/prop (pole used in building to prop roofs up, builder left it)

2x Concrete blocks (home made - approx 1.5' by 1'. Just build a mould out of off-cut wood and fill with concrete)

10000000x random bits of wood that are lying around, for ramps/beams etc...

I would get pics, But it's dark.

Find whatever you can really, if you have the space and a bit of imagination then anything can be fun.

Ask around the local builders and see if they have anything you could use, they're usually pretty friendly (and partial to a sandwich or two (Y) ).

If you can find someone with a car/van hen ask them to spare an hour of their time so you can go around asking for bits and bobs.

My local pallet places are Sainsbury's and Tops Tiles - i'm fairly sure it'll be the same situation anywhere in Britain you go, in that they'll have pallets out back.

Go to your local wood merchants and ask for bits of wood that they can't sell (may have some scratches or whatever, meaning it's structurally sound, just not pretty) and see if you can wangle a deal.

Borrow a hammer, buy/borrow some nails (dirt cheap) and get making!

I find having summat in your garden to ride a sure-fire way to improvement. You never get moved on, theres no one to complain at you, no one to get in your way, and also no one to distract you. You can fall off all you like, and not be embarrased 'cos you're the only one there!

You can also adjust stuff for your preferences, so you can have everything set for practising taps one week, gaps another, wheelswaps the next, technical the next etc...

Have fun making!

Woody.

i turned the half pipe that i built into my garden into a trials course,

i ended up with 2 4x4 ft boxes, one about 27 inch high, the other about 12 inches,, which i could stack on top if i wanted too.

4 kickers with curves in them (bottom half of the pipe up to like 2 foot high)(good for gapping off higher stuff into the ramp, so you dont totally case the bike),

kinda cut the middle (height wise, so from 2-3 ft) out of the top 4 foot of the half pipe, giving me 3 foot of a near vertical slope, 8 foot long, which was for wallrides and shite.

and then had the ladder up to the decks of the pipe as a ladder for hopping along.

and the 2 6 foot high decks wer burnt, as wer other random bits left over.

it lasted like a year, then i burnt the trials course, as id took big chunks out of everything.