Weird Text Gf Received

plainlazy84

My gf got a text that read "chucklestar84m:" and it said it was sent from my mobile.

No i definitly did NOT send this, i think i would remember if i wrote something that stupid! and no one has had access to my phone and even if they did why the hell would they write that?

anyone got any ideas what the hell happened? it is some scam thing where some computer thing takes control of my number (clutching at straws!)

help im confused :wub:

My phone adds numbers when its in my pocket. I go to call somone and i have no cred, as its rang the police of somthing. :)

i got a letter through the post a long time ago about "prank police calls" from my mobile. For the same reason, they said further "jokes" will conclude in fines!! :">

ha, i found this quite funny, and never really rearlised that i was calling them soo much! :P

now i have learnt to use keylock! or put the phone in my bag instead of my pocket. :(

i got a letter through the post a long time ago about "prank police calls" from my mobile. For the same reason, they said further "jokes" will conclude in fines!!  :">

ha, i found this quite funny, and never really rearlised that i was calling them soo much! :)

now i have learnt to use keylock! or put the phone in my bag instead of my pocket.  :(

or get a sliding phone like mine, once its closed its locked and its quite hard for your pocket to slide it open

Don't the ones from websites always have something like 'sent from www.randomwebsite.com' or something along those lines!!

Usually yeah, but my mate knows the owner of an ISP who has the software to send SMS's and allows you to type in whatever number you want, probably not *that* hard to find something similar on google :( (or you can probably sign up to a site which lets you send cheap texts from the internet, but you'd have to pay if you dont want the 'sent from XXXXmobiles.com blah blah')