Nass 2005

trials_pimp

Hopefully me and a few of the yate riders will be going, It will be great.

Has anyone on her camped at NASS if so what is it like as my mate said that there are loads of drugs going on and that tents get broken into.

All help will be appreciated. :-

JOE.

Its not bad at all.

Just take the essentials, food, clothes for the w/e, tent and sleeping bag. In the day only leave the minimum in your tent meaning you are not a 'target' to the pikeys and thieves (Seeing as there are 30,000 people camping I am not even gonna try and say everyone safe, there are obviously bad eggs but generally everyone is really cool). 2 years running and I have had no problems...

Drugs? All I saw was lots of Canabis and booze, just cos there are other peope round you doing weed and drinking doesnt mean you have to aswell! Its not like anyone is gonna force you to!

If you use the search for last years NASS there is a thread full of people saying what to take with you etc...

"Tic"

As Tic said, not everyone is alright, but if you don't do anything stupid, like Iain Plum leaving his Orange Zero outside his tent, and then wondering where it had gone when he came back, then you should be alright...

I'm sleeping in my car, hate camping...

Rich

Edited by karsonlevoret

What actually happens at Nass?

You camp over n see loads of cool shows n stuff?

Taking your bikes?

Can you ride places or just show em off or what lol.

Not really heard much of Nass before you see  :">

NASS is just damn good fun. You can enter the trials comp set up by MAD (have a look on the trialmedia site in the videos section for an idea of what its like), watch some savage sports like the motorcross, BMX racing, BSX racing, the BMX and skate jams, get pretty damn drunk, mess around in the skateparks and the trials course, plus theres usally some good live bands. Its what it says on the tin; an extreme sports festival.

Rich

Hehe, sounds cool!

It's a mere 4 hours 19 mins according to the AA route map!

Hmm! And that's driving.(240 miles)

That's a fair way....

Is anyone else coming from up north or anything like that?

Or mainly down south or around Nass...?

Nick :wink2:

(thinking about asking my mate or puersuading my rents to take me... lo)l

hey hey people cor NASS talk already well i can tell you now i will b there living it up getting plastered as usual, good to see most of the usual people going.

i wont be taking a bike due to no londer riding (reminds self to put rest up for sale again) rich u big homo come for the whole weekend i think i wont be sleeping friday night then will sleep in car on saturday night hopefully the clio will be done by then. you talking about that pub that we stoped off at? was alright think we will have to pay another visit to that :wink2:

As for the pikeys yep there are some but just dont set up your tents near a path or near concrete where they can put there caravans theft is minimal apart from my bike as rich said (2 years ago) we have never had any problem with stuff being nicked and to be fair i was asking for it to be knicked leaving it out all night (i have however decided she was worth it) sam you still got her sisters number? maybe she wont have a BF this time ready for some more plumby loving :-

iain

Just go for elite you big girl

I dont see why people get so worked up about what they enter as in the comp, its just a bit of fun at the end of the day........

If anyone want to know more about NASS

Try looking at the website.

www.nass2005.com

I really cant see why people take it all so seriously, its just a weekend of having a laugh, and watching/doing extreem sports.

How does Nass work?

Do I need to sleep over in a tent, because that's not going to happen. If I can go there for the day, ride, compete and then go home then I might consider it. However since quitting the boy scouts a while back I have no desires to rekindle the camping flames.

Thanks, Stephen.

How does Nass work?

Do I need to sleep over in a tent, because that's not going to happen. If I can go there for the day, ride, compete and then go home then I might consider it. However since quitting the boy scouts a while back I have no desires to rekindle the camping flames.

Thanks, Stephen.

Yeah everyone camps for 3 days, or you can go up on saturday or sunday for a day.

But camp! Its mega fun :wink2: :P

hey hey people cor NASS talk already well i can tell you now i will b there living it up getting plastered as usual, good to see most of the usual people going.

i wont be taking a bike due to no londer riding (reminds self to put rest up for sale again) rich u big homo come for the whole weekend i think i wont be sleeping friday night then will sleep in car on saturday night hopefully the clio will be done by then.  you talking about that pub that we stoped off at? was alright think we will have to pay another visit to that :-

As for the pikeys yep there are some but just dont set up your tents near a path or near concrete where they can put there caravans theft is minimal apart from my bike as rich said (2 years ago) we have never had any problem with stuff being nicked and to be fair i was asking for it to be knicked leaving it out all night (i have however decided she was worth it) sam you still got her sisters number? maybe she wont have a BF this time ready for some more plumby loving  :) 

iain

Plumby loving... Well thats a great big gash across my mind...

Yeah should be there for two days this time, I want to have another go at the MAD comp. Last time I entered the beginners and won. So it was about four years ago now, but it'll be fun anyway.

Oh and this time Iain, don't try riding a trials bike with no seat and low ratio gearing for five miles with camping equiptment and a 24pack on your back. I think a lung collapsed last time from laughing when you told me that was how you'd got there...

See you there buddy

Rich

How does Nass work?

Thanks, Stephen.

How about sleeping in your car Steven?

To be honest not much sleeping happens anyway, I managed 4 hours the Friday night and 5 hours the Saturday night (Compared to most this was loads!). Just going for a day wouldnt be worth it in my opinion, its an un-explainable experience, the music, the people, its just really worth it!!! The things that happen are always really random and unexplainable, its just a right laugh.

And we now know where the Tesco's is so we can go and relieve ourselves/stink out non flooded toilets :-

I really do think its something you will have to try once Steven, maybe come along the Saturday and just sleep one night and see how it goes this year? It really is an amazing w/e!

A looking forward to NASS

"Tic" :)

Went to NASS bout 3 years ago and had a bloody ace time!

My family lives bout 20mins from the site so even though Im other side of country now will try to get down there for the weekend, if others from surrey area heading that-a-way

If its anything as good as it was last time I was there, will be bloody awesome!

Lookin 4ward to it now :-

M@

Oh and this time Iain, don't try riding a trials bike with no seat and low ratio gearing for five miles with camping equiptment and a 24pack on your back. I think a lung collapsed last time from laughing when you told me that was how you'd got there...

this is a good point people if your getting the train 2 castle cary ( the ''nearest'' station) arrange for someone to pick up you lugage i had a hugggge camping bag (weighed so much i couldnt pick it up to put it on my back haha) 36 cans of stella and a tent ow and sleeping bag that wouldnt fit in my camping bag due 2 beer haha and we had to ride all the way from the station to the show due to now free buses like the year before, it was the most painfull experiance ever and belive me ive been through serious amounts of pain it was bad luckly this year i have a good old driving licence, so if anyone nearer the time wants me 2 pick up there bagage it will be happy to although rooum will be seriously limited in the clio ddue to buckets in the front and subs etc in back but we will see.

see you there ladys and gents and rich ill give u a ring before eater hols and see if we can arrange a meet up with me you and some other devon type people (scrots coming down here by the looks of things so maybe arrange it round that?)

iain

Some of the Turkeyfoot badgers will be driving the couple of hours up from South Devon, and we may have a bit of space - it depends on how much rubbish we fill our cars up with ...

Maybe *someone* will / could post another topic nearer the time - along the lines of offering or needing a lift ?

Edited by monkey_pork

this is a good point people if your getting the train 2 castle cary ( the ''nearest'' station) arrange for someone to pick up you lugage i had a hugggge camping bag (weighed so much i couldnt pick it up to put it on my back haha) 36 cans of stella and a tent ow and sleeping bag that wouldnt fit in my camping bag due 2 beer haha and we had to ride all the way from the station to the show due to now free buses like the year before, it was the most painfull experiance ever and belive me ive been through serious amounts of pain it was bad luckly this year i have a good old driving licence, so if anyone nearer the time wants me 2 pick up there bagage it will be happy to although rooum will be seriously limited in the clio ddue to buckets in the front and subs etc in back but we will see.

see you there ladys and gents and rich ill give u a ring before eater hols and see if we can arrange a meet up with me you  and some other devon type people (scrots coming down here by the looks  of things so maybe arrange it round that?)

iain

Hay plumby we gonna have as much fun as we did last time :)" ???.

Cool.\ just a thought, but if anone else needs stuff ferriying from castle cary to the site, I am gonna be taking my car, and don't mind running around to get people / bikes and stuff from the station to the show. Not a problem. I have a bikerack and not too much clutter in the car. :)

Shout me on msn, or pm me nearer the date.

Also, is anyone doing the 'Run to the sun" festival this year? I am gonna crank it down there for a cool weekend, prolly do a bit of surfing in the mix too. :)