Custom Booster

Dr. Nick Riviera

right so decided to copy my rb design booster ( 4 bolt ) and make a huge one for the back so my rb will fit on the front , i have got some 6mm thick checkerplate aluminium . i have already marked the beast out and will be cutting it at lunnch ( in 2 ish hours ) so expect pictures of the manufacxturing process i hope this booster is going to be good and work and not look heinous like some :rolleyes:"

pics asap i promise

(Y)

well steve , ive got my lunch hour and them in in sc hool from 3 till 9 so 7 hours should be long enough ( im in for 6 hours after for open evening )

ill be doing it on a bandsaw with a brand new blade ,

i have read steves topic on boosters and decided to just have a bash at the rb rather than a complex design of one ( i wont be machining the holes and dips )

i hope it all goes to plan :rolleyes:

glad to see some people are awake today!

Hey i did one and chain drilled it then cut from hole to hole, then took a huge file to the corners and got the curves on it poifect, jenna jameson style.

I did a 2 bolt one last year and a 4 bolt this year, and anaylsis on it with steves help on post lol (Y)

p.s anyone know any good spyware blockers and pop up blockers etc?

Edited by Caleb

whats the idea with cutting the flats into the outside rad where the booster passes the tyre? this appears only to have made the booster thinner and therefore more flexible at that point :-

Thats what i was thinking.. should have just gone straight up.

But if it works then (Y)

oh erm i dont knoww sorry i was just trying to make it symetrical and aestheticaly pleasing

proper ones wont have that though

hey don't apologise!!!! you live and learn.

Try and make the next one so it has a more even thickness all the way around and it should be a bit stiffer :-