Pad Problems!

Trials tom_s

Dont suppose anyone can help recommend a good set of pads.

my brake pads dont seem to be much cop!!

..just wondering whats the best pads these days..

i used the original colour koxx blocks on my old bike and they were mint..

...at the moment.. i got a set of original monty pads up front.. and a set of yellow plazmatic pads at back... neither seem to good.

i bought the bike that way.. and due to pads not having much life left, i wanna replace them...

so what pads shud i get? i do alot of street style riding and want a good sharp bite.

i think i'll probably end up going back to koxx bloxxs..so can anyone suggest a better pad...or even tell me what the difference is in the colours etc.

thanks.

ps - im using raceline maguras and its on a monty 221 ti if that makes any difference.

Tom.

oh yeah........

....im running, red "try-all" rims... and i have a medium grind both front and back.

yeah i really liked the browny coloured koxx bloxx.

i just havnt been reading up on many pad reviews recently, and have no ideas about what other products have become available.

i dont fancy spending a wad of money on pads that will just be a dissapointment.

example the yellow plaz pads... maybe they just old and tired..

my bikes red and black colour scheme.. i wudnt mind a pair of red koxx bloxxs which i've heard have been introduced to the market..

any opinions on them?

are they for a certain type of weather or riding? or they just in a new funky colour?

Tom.

i do alot of manuals and stoppies though......

... i love bunny hopping up a small flight of steps in2 a stoppie..

so would u say i shud have red koxx for extra bite and colour scheme.. or shud i stick with the browns for a longer lasting ride..?

do people reckon the reds are that much better then the browns?

Tom.

if the brown pads last you 1yr....

then the red uns last 9 months....

and the yellow uns last 6 months...

/\cleanbikes/\

So, go for the yellow pads for the rear, and th red uns for the front.

that way.... youll still be able to stoppie, but have some bite, and have lots of bite and grip.

£36.50 for the set then f+r from cleanbikes,including p+p

lol ...DAN YOU ARSE!!

Everyone likes a good looking bike...it matters not about pad colour...

otherwise i wudda said straight, i was having reds..rather then asking different people about what colours best!!

i assumed the different colour koxx bloxxs were for different ride styles or weather conditions much like cool stop use to do with their pads....

....most trials riders are tarts at heart...its very much a showboating kind of sport... always wanting to go the extra mile to get the better line, or to out gap one another...

i mean if i aint allowed to pick the colour of my pads dan..then why do we bother with rim tape... or frames colours even? sod it... lets all have the same colour maguras!!

what im trying to say dan is.... "my bike...my rules".

i mean check nadine's bike out... she using colour and people like it!!

more to the point ...if its only 50mm of you bike...why do you care!!!

(its my bike after all)

i think i mite get red koxx pads!!! because im a tart and proud of it.

i like it when a random in town walks past and mutters to his mate..sweet bike..or that a well nice monty... just adds to the enjoyment of a good day riding!!

well dan...said it all now.... so less bitchin, more riding please buddy!!

Tom. :P :P :P :P"

Get heatsink pads mate! They are awsome! I've been using them for ages and are simply the best, cheap, wear rate is good and power is excellent! I run a grind with the new batch B's at the moment which seem to be great! Contact Steve and get yourself a set!

Rob :P :P

Chris, where did you get your tarty pads from mate?

Because i heard they were worth a look.. but i literally just been on the "tartybikes" site and there wasnt any pad or purchase details..just said they were "coming soon"...

what did u think was better? the yellow koxx or the tarty's??

get back to me...

cheers,

Tom. :P

I've recently gone back to old style brown Koxx Bloxx after a week of using the new Heatsink's. The Heatsink's were ok, but for me personally I just preferred the solid lock, and seemingly endless hold Bloxx provide. I doubt I will use anything else until I can test the Tarty pads.

So I would say old style Koxx's matey :P

if the brown pads last you 1yr....

then the red uns last 9 months....

and the yellow uns last 6 months...

/\cleanbikes/\

So, go for the yellow pads for the rear, and th red uns for the front.

that way.... youll still be able to stoppie, but have some bite, and have lots of bite and grip.

£36.50 for the set then f+r from cleanbikes,including p+p

iam sure there softer or just as soft as zoo pads if thats true they will last about a month or less. on a decent grind.

Edited by Davetrials

cheers guys!!

i took the majority vote and went for the old skool brown koxx bloxxs..

i used them before and they hardly worn that much and the bite was strong and solid...

Apparently..the other colour options are lil softer..wear faster but the bites not hardly any different..

so i ordered the browns!!

cheers again..you'll very helpful.

Tom.

Last thing..if anyone knows of any riders in huddersfield (west yorkshire)

(near leeds)...can you give em a nudge an get them to contact me.

Tom_gta@hotmail.com

just i seen a few riders around..but never had the time to say hi or have my bike on me.... im sick of being the only huddersfield based rider.

and yes i know nadine lives here too but cant get hold of that "crazy gap girl"

is she on holiday or something..or just a lone rider!!?

cheers again.

Tom. :wink2: :-

Hey buddy.

We're from halifax (20 mins train journey from huddersfield) and were riding at Hudd last sunday!

We know a fair few riders from huddersfield, including nadine and leon etc. Then there's another group with Adam bedford and Drew Petty etc in who are really good, but they're cocks.

If you want to ride with us (Hudd, Halifax, Leeds, Sheff, Brighouse, and some natural at shipley etc) then just Pm me or add me to msn: mod661@hotmail.com .

We usually meet up with the leeds lads like Tim and black luke, Chris walker, Andy Pandy Amos, Danny from York etc so it's all good!

I'm about to go ride halifax now so i'll have to talk to you later but we're usually riding every sunday :P

Saturdays we all work though :wink2: so no joy there...

I ride a 2005 Python, Ricks on a 2004 Pitbull, Dannys on a T-lite, John on a 05 Echo Team, Simon on a Tpro and thats about our 'crew' or riders, then there's the regular street riders on some front sus bike.

Nick :D:- (Hope to talk to you soon and meet up for a ride)