Tensile Cranks

myself

Surely you would want to go for the shortest bottom bracket you could get away with? A longer bottom bracket is going to be weaker, and in theory the bearings wouldn't last aslong....

Possibly, but i dont think i would make that much difference.

I ran 113mm bb on a mod, the cranks hit the stays when ever you put some forse on them. its a pain in the ass, get get a long one just to make sure.

OK, so you have the choice of an absolute minut increase in balance, or a better increase in strength, you like you ankle's in pieces?

I don't think the spindles on ISIS BB's snap very easily. Have you ever broken one?

Personally I'd go with the wider BB for a better choice of cranks/bashes/chainrings/frames if you do need to change.

As for the bearings... there are 2 types of ISIS BB's - good ones and crap ones. The length has very little effect on how long the bearings will last.

Jon

OK, so you have the choice of an absolute minut increase in balance, or a better increase in strength, you like you ankle's in pieces?

but with a long bb you have the piece of mind that your frame is not going to get dug into by chainring teeth anytime you do a sideways hop. with a shorter bb, you might not be able to transfer it across from one frame to another (Y)

i have a 128mm truvativ giga pipe DH, its truely beasty! it aint gunna snap in a while, i would suggest getting one : http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=4981

but if tartybikes have any, then get them there :)

Ta

Will