Best Trials Helmet!

Trials tom_s

just need the advice of the forum (yet again)

i wanna buy a helmet for trials... i use to own a 2004 giro semi mx in black.

found it pretty good..infact amazing!!

i looked at getting another..but it seems that only the 2005 ones are available..

in either white with blue flames..grey with orange flames.. matt black, or matt grey!!!

i got a shiny black monty with red detailing.. so wud much prefer the 2004 shiny black helmet.. but only places i seen it either have stupid prices or limted left over stock prices... i need a medium..

is there any other nice helmets..i like the e2's but aint spending 80-90 quid on a helmet im likely to crack when i miss a rail! lol

so ideas of helmet please..and best prices..if you know sumwhere i can get an 2004 semi mx...cheap..in shiny black..medium..let me know asap!!

thanks guys and girls!! (Y)

Tom :D

adam..what did you mean by the cheap (approx 30%) crash replacement bit?

i just remember giro have a crash replacement offer..that practically gives you a new helmet in the advent of a crash...but i cant remember what the limitations were....

sometimes they aint worth it..

i got a bike lock that give me 750 quid back in my bikes nicked... but u shud see what u have to supply before and in the advent of a stolen bike..!! lol

Tom.

your deffo looking at the best helmet on the market.............

iv had 3 E2's and would not go back to any thing else.

iv got a Xen which i just dont use any more cos the E2 feels sooooooooo close and comfortable. altho the Xen is more suited to the Trials looks its fits nearly as nice BUT there is something about the E2 that keeps making me go back for more.......

like adam says try helmets on you may find different helmets fit different at the end of the day we dont all have the same shape head, for my pea head the E2 is deffinatly the best and most comfortable fitting lid on the market........also 1 of the most expensive..........

Also Giro/Bell offer half price replacement on the Helmets if crashed.........

you dont really wanna be thinking of doing that though. just think positive and you wont fall off :D :D (Y)

Waynio......................

i have a MET BadBoy helmet - theyre really good.

i have had it for ages now - before they were properly released but theyre comfy, strong and reasonably priced at £25. However i paid £30 for mine because they werent even released at the time!

Tom

MET BadBoy:

gallery_2658_583_4221.jpg

also giro havocs are very good: 05 version:

gallery_2658_583_16533.jpg

try Bikedock or Chain Reaction Cycles

Edited by T-Limburn

cheers guys...them giro havocs..look alrite..what they priced at?

i quite like that red and white one especially!!

waynio..tell me abit more about what you thought of the xen... because my bike shop just told me it was a cross between a semi mx and a e2!!

im really hunting around for prices...because i almost paid 100 quid ish for magura hosing...without the crossovers...becasue that what i got told through a magura dealer..and the cross over pipes wernt available etc...

then a close mate showed me them on sale at a well know bike shop..for 35 quid..for both front and back..including crossover pipes etc!!

so...i got a black and red theme going on..what helmet wud suit colour scheme and what is the sexiest looking helmet...dont wanna give pikey's another thing to mouth off about afetr the spotted my ti monty dosnt have a bloody seat!!!

idiots!!!! (Y)

Tom :D

I have a Xen at the moment, got it after i bought the wrong size semi mx. The xen is a very nice, helmet, but a bit more money, the things i liked about it compared to the semi mx, was the Xen was a little lighter and a bit more stylish, oh and the xen has a nice clicky adjusty thing at the back, which makes it very easy to change size.

Edited by wally

http://www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk have Xens for £70 and the 2004 Giro Semi-MX in gloss black.

Tempted to get a Semi/Xen, but don't have anywhere to try them on. Does anyone know if you can mail order helmets and send them back if they don't fit, without having to pay a %age of the cost?

Mark.

EDIT: Link actually works now (Y)

Edited by Onzaboymark

The xen has a few different straps inside to adjust the helmet size both ways, so you can adjust it totally to fit your head. Just stick a tape measure round your head, then get the nearest size, then your will be able to adjust it to suit.

On the xen you can adjsut, the neck strap, the fit around your head, and finally how high or low it sits on your head.

You cant to as much with the semi mx, its really hope that it fits, and all you can adjust is the neck strap.

Edited by wally

yo trials tom s

the Xen is a combitnation of the E2 and the Semi mx giving the structure of the Semi MX BUT using a similar "Roc-Loc" design to the giro E2. the only thing is,im not keen on using "Piss pot" type helmets The 2005 Xen (which im due from Giro) has a Roc-Loc 4 design which is the same roc loc thats in my 2004 (limited edition E2) as the roc loc 3 i didnt get on with that well, but the sizing is loads better on the roc loc 4 and the feel is nicer much more comfortable.

helmets are something you really need to try before you buy. even just putting your mates on is a good start to see how it fits and feels. personally the roc loc 3 didnt feel right to me, probably cos of the shape of the back of my head, others it will fit perfect. its personal choice and preference. i dont wanna feel uncomfortable when riding my bike so il always buy something that feels nice.

Onza boy mark, if you wanna try my Medium Xen in silver/gunmetal colour i will send it to you and you can see how it fits if you like? as that particular Xen i paid for (Y) as my E2 and new Xen i might not have to pay for. Pm me if you like? send me your addy if you wanna try it

but as i say i wont charge you to try it as long as you send it back :D which i trust you to do.

Waynio............................

i have a MET BadBoy helmet - theyre really good.

i have had it for ages now - before they were properly released but theyre comfy, strong and reasonably priced at £25. However i paid £30 for mine because they werent even released at the time!

Tom

MET BadBoy:

gallery_2658_583_4221.jpg

MET Badboys are nice helmets BUT they are actually childrens (well in between the very small ladybug type helmets and adults helmets)

So unless he's got a small head it might not fit...

[...]

i wanna buy a helmet for trials... i use to own a 2004 giro semi mx in black.

For what it's worth ... I'm using a MET Ippogrifo (with a giro peak velcro'ed on to keep the sun off) - and I find that supa comfy - it fits really nicely and it's holding up well to some fairly grim xc stuff without looking hammered.

It's got a lot of protection out the back of the helmet too and I've felt safe enough falling backwards onto flattish ground, but ...

Tis' a bit road bike lookin' though - so not to everyones taste I'm sure, plus you might find that the protection, whist sticky out - doesn't quite go down the back of your skull / top of your neck far enough for you.

Cheap enough at <£50.00 - but I guess the only way is to try a few on and see what feels best.

well im not surprised that the helmet was fine if he face planted, the helmet would'nt be anywhere near the crash

Same here. When I faceplanted and removed my nose from my face, at the hospital, all the nurses were going "Tut tut, should've worn a helmet." At the time, I was well doped up on pethodone so I couldn't give a shit, but now I look back... *grumble grumble*