Nbtc Trial

StuntMan_Stan

Just wondered if there was any news / reports from the NBTC trial at back cowm today......

all Ive heard so far is that Rob Poyser won Elite "26 riding a JB zark.

Nice one geez, looks like you must have picked up some extra special powers in Saarbrucken last weekend.

Would be cool to hear how everyone else went on though.

Edited by StuntMan_Stan

Yeah the comp was good fun!! Massive thanks to everyone who organised it!! and the Observers!! :)

3 laps of 7 sections, which were well laid out!

Finnished the day on 25, Bucky beat me to 1st on 24 (Y) in expert 26"

Ben Savage won Elite 20" finnishing on 1 dab, yes just 1 :)

Anyway, was a top day!

stan.

Edited by cultiv8ed stan

Yeah awesome competition today.

All seemed to go well for everybody I spoke to.

Hope everyone else enjoyed it as much as I did!

Really pleased with my win but would have liked to have ridden Elite looking at it now.

didnt even get to win it on my own bike.

i punctured and snapped my chain within 5 mins.

I have no idea what place I came. I dropped 39 in elite which I am pretty unhappy with but I have a number of excuses :) lol

1) dislocated my thumb last week and I have very limited movement of it

2) a REALLY sore shoulder (from same crash that did my thumb)

3) riding a bike with crappy tyres and a narrow rear rim

4) not being as good as the other competiters

I thought it was a fun trial, nice weather a bit muddy though, but thats expected at back cowm

Prizes to ...

BEGINNER CLASS

1st - Jack Butterworth - 72

NOVICE CLASS

1st - Peter Crossley - 9

2nd - Matthew Rushton - 35 (most 1's)

3rd - Ben Butterworth - 35

INTERMEDIATE CLASS

1st - Chris Fairbrother - 1

2nd - Lois Morgan - 11

3rd - Sam Jackson - 21

EXPERT 20"

1st - Karl Donnelly - 6

2nd - Joe Oakley - 21

3rd - Chris Boyes - 29

EXPERT 26"

1st - Tom Buck - 24

2nd - Stan Shaw - 25

3rd - Patrick Donovan - 69

ELITE 20"

1st - Ben Savage - 1

2nd - Chris Walker - 6

3rd - Kieran Donnelly - 47

ELITE 26"

1st - Rob Poyser - 26

2nd - Chris Doney - 28

3rd - Alastair Clarkson - 39

Full results in the next day or two on www.biketrialuk.co.uk results page.

Some prizes didn't get collected because the riders were off riding in 4x4's ... don't worry - I have them here for you!

Thanks to ...

Aire Valley Cycles for the prizes (and Wayne for sorting it)

Observers ... Jeff Walker, Brian Walker, Matt & Mick Scriven, Michael Ford, Wayne Mahomet, D Buchanan, Shirley Crossley

Section setters ... Aran Cook, Sam Waddington, Matt & Mick Scriven, Brian and Barbara Wright, Ben & Fred Savage

John & Darren at Cowm Leisure Ltd for use of the land.

Will let you all know how much you raised towards the British World round as soon as the books have been sorted.

Thanks to everyone for a great day! :sick:

yeah me and rob swapped around... not much to it really lol.

was an ace trial. didnt ride aswell as i wanted too. had a bit of a poor brake to. ah well was a good laff hope everyone else enjoyed it too :)

Edited by aust

we dent exactly swap did we aust, you thought you would be better off on an onza, so you bought a t rex frame, and jb uk asked me to ride a zark for them. keep a look out for the new jb frame coming soon for any one that is interested.

thanks to the event organisers and observers, i realy enjoyed the trial today, and suprised myself with a good result for a change.

rob.

Yeah awesome competition today.

All seemed to go well for everybody I spoke to.

Hope everyone else enjoyed it as much as I did!

Really pleased with my win but would have liked to have ridden Elite looking at it now.

didnt even get to win it on my own bike.

i punctured and snapped my chain within 5 mins.

er...whos bike were you on?

well done mate :lol:

mike

1st - Rob Poyser - 26

2nd - Chris Doney - 28

3rd - Alastair Clarkson - 39

Full results in the next day or two on www.biketrialuk.co.uk results page.

Some prizes didn't get collected because the riders were off riding in 4x4's ... don't worry - I have them here for you!

yaaaay third! I am pretty suprised with that, I thought aust, phil williams and aran cook might have beaten me.

Tims Pashley land rover is a beast at off roading, it got up some right steep stuff, was soooo fun!

Bucky was on mine :lol:

i fell off mine stdy night street riding in bradford and cracked me knee on me stem and was going to ride but with not many observers thort i would do as i did last year :lol: observe, was good fun too. good to be able to watch everyone else its good experience.

Bucky was flying through sections on the black steed of mine! thort he wo on fire at 1 stage! it looked as though me tyres were burning :lol:

Waynio................................... :)

PS thanx to all the other observers for doing it too, i think alot of respect has to go to them for that too.big cheer to dave buchanon :lol: (Y) hes tekin me to koxx days and me n him were frozen to bloody death i could hardly shout over to him through the day cos me lips wo froze!!!!!!

I thought it was a pretty good trial, finished on 78 in elite 26, quite probably finished last :D" , got plenty of excuses for lack of practise though, after taking time off cos of a broken toe, and latest injury of a dislocated wrist.

Adam kitto finished on 70 in elite 26, on a black giant, which cant be too bad for his second comp in 4 years.

Nice one waynio for observing, stepping in at the last minute, and standing around in the cold all day instead of riding.

I thought the sections were laid out pretty well, quite enjoyable. specially enjoyed doing a section while being pummelled with snowballs near the end (N) . Was a bit of a pain not having time limits, but that wasnt too much of a problem. bring on the next NBTC trial i reckon...

Tim.

i had a good day

first time in expert, finished 4th out of 5 and the two sexy boys ran away with the show (as predicted) so i had no chance.

section 7 was possibly the hardest thing on the earth, but hay, i had a go.

Nice one and thanx to all who attended/helped.

i had a good day

first time in expert, finished 4th out of 5 and the two sexy boys ran away with the show (as predicted) so i had no chance.

section 7 was possibly the hardest thing on the earth, but hay, i had a go.

Nice one and thanx to all who attended/helped.

7 was easy just put one dab down to get up that rock.

easiest sections for me were 3 and 5 basically bunnyhopped my way through them all.

was going as fast and hard as i could.

well wayne did say give his bike some pasty !!

Was good trial  :blink: thank you all you people that made it happen

Think I came 5th in 20" Expert  :angry: 

Thanks Waynio for observing I now you didn’t have too     :angry:   Top Man  :angry:

Tom A

yeah same goes for all the other observers.... they didnt have to either, and it came out of their spare time. they also didnt have to... so big thanks to them

Edited by aust