Curtis - The Boon/t24

boon racoon

I kinda like the manliness of those humungously oversized forks compared to the spindly steel frame actually.

I think its kinda cool, though I can undertsnad what other people say too. How do they ride?

Yeah, I think they actually suit it quite nicely (And I HATE 5pc forks like that) :)

So boon, what's the wb, and what's your biggest tap :turned:

Nah, doesn't do it for me sadly. :turned:

Frame looks awesome in the other thread. It's just the parts you're using all seem too 'big' for the tiny frame. If it were my bike... scrap the forks and use your old Nitros(?) seat. The rear tyre looks fkin large as well.

If I hide those things with my fingers, it looks cool. :)

lol

(609's still the boss for me).

whats up with all the headset spacers?

I dont know for sure... But I bet its because on a 24" you have a bb rise, to keep a similar riding position, so your not layed too flat, you need to have higher rise stem/bars than on a similar 26".

Looks nice, colour is spot on. Those forks though :turned: :) I shall look forward to seeing you thrashing it when I next come down bristol. :-

steve...it was partly jon's (shrews') advice and somethin i worked out when i got my frame. the front end would be way too low without muchos spacers. the 24inch wheel drops the front end by an inch so i have 2 x 10mm spacers and a 5mm making an inch. i used to have about 10mm spacers so it's actually still a bit lower. can always play about with it if you leave it too long but once you shorten it..you can't change it! thats wat i thought

sorry jon... :D one rider is all we can afford. would be nice to have a riding buddy though :)

very nice bike  :turned:  why no howies stickers on view???

blue and green should never be seen :) lol nah. howies have stopped making stickers they said a while ago (or they just don't send me any!!) so i don't have any to put on. can't say i'm too bothered though :)"

Edited by the boon

steve...it was partly jon's (shrews') advice and somethin i worked out when i got my frame. the front end would be way too low without muchos spacers. the 24inch wheel drops the front end by an inch so i have 2 x 10mm spacers and a 5mm making an inch. i used to have about 10mm spacers so it's actually still a bit lower. can always play about with it if you leave it too long but once you shorten it..you can't change it! thats wat i thought

Isn't it all relative though? If you have a 26" bike with zero bb rise (for example) and have a 20mm of stackers. Moving to a 24" bike with zero bb rise and using 20mm of stackers your body would be in the same position on the bike. but your bars would be about an inch lower.

I run 5mm of stackers and a 90mm x 10 degree kore stem on my ashton and it feels way better than when i had a higher front end :turned:

just my 0.02p

Mike

I'm pretty sure the wheelbase is about 1025 and my biggest tap it at least half that :D

Ooooh, you've been practising :D

ha ha ha

As everyone else has said, I hate the forks......

Looks nice, colour is spot on. Those forks though  :turned:  :) ......

and on and on...

all the abuse about the forks . . . . why ?

they are too chunky for the spindly steel frame looks wise - as they are ally so they need to be... but they are actually quite good to ride . . . and like he said - thats what its all about . . .

his bike rides like a dream and its quiet as a mouse - i likes it alot :-

PS Look out for the boons "new" technique drop offs in his next vid - awesome (Y)

Yeah that is real sweet! Not sure on the forks though! Looks like its really heavy as well, like a tank (Y) , probably not though!

Expencive as well!

Wouldn't mind a 24" though, to mess around on!

Rob :turned: :-

Edit! opps sorry guys, didnt bother to read through 3 pages of replies so didn't see all the comments about the forks! Sorryyyyyyyyyy

Edited by Rob P

Isn't it all relative though? If you have a 26" bike with zero bb rise (for example) and have a 20mm of stackers. Moving to a 24" bike with zero bb rise and using 20mm of stackers your body would be in the same position on the bike. but your bars would be about an inch lower.

Correct, But, the 24" does not have zero bb rise, it has +20mm or so, you so you need more spacers to keep position the same.

Matt, I understand the spacers, I was explaining to b'mouth trials.... :)" :- I'd probs be running a couple, but Clive extended the head tube to accomodate and the pashlet steerer is short.

The fork abuse..... I have never ridden a pair, my view was purely based on looks. They probably are ok forks.

Any who good to hear it rides well :turned:

Correct, But, the 24" does not have zero bb rise, it has +20mm or so, you so you need more spacers to keep position the same.

Matt, I understand the spacers, I was explaining to b'mouth trials.... :)"  :- I'd probs be running a couple, but Clive extended the head tube to accomodate and the pashlet steerer is short.

true dude, true!! I didn't realise you had the headtube lenghtend on yours, good solution. yeah the pashley steerer is short clive suggested lengthening the steerer to me.

PS Look out for the boons "new" technique drop offs in his next vid - awesome 

sounds interesting :turned:

Edited by leedstrials

PS Look out for the boons "new" technique drop offs in his next vid  - awesome  :-

haha you slag. they're immense int they! :turned:

http://www.curtisbikes.co.uk/trials24.htm now has all the info and more pics of another T24 - Dan Slyfield's ( (i)ndividual clothing ) which I believe he got yesterday. christ i've spent all day updating that site! :)

Edited by the boon