Oil For Maguras.

Al_Fel

Right i'm sick of water and always having to top it up every few days.

I'd like to go back to oil but I want something thats really light.

I'm not going to use WD-40 GT-85 or any oil out the tin.

I have a bottle of synthetic finishline 10-wt shock oil I'm considering trying that but I think it will be far too thick.

So does anyone know any oil that can be used in maggies that feels light and snappy?

Something that doest kill the seals off would also be nice.

Right i'm sick of water and always having to top it up every few days.

I'd like to go back to oil but I want something thats really light.

I'm not going to use WD-40 GT-85 or any oil out the tin.

I have a bottle of synthetic finishline 10-wt shock oil I'm considering trying that but I think it will be far too thick.

So does anyone know any oil that can be used in maggies that feels light and snappy?

Something that doest kill the seals off would also be nice.

maybe normal LHM fluid, avaliable from halfords from aroun 3 quid? tis the same as magura fluid, i haven't had any problems with it and the brake feels solid and responsive :- :)

maybe normal LHM fluid, avaliable from halfords from aroun 3 quid? tis the same as magura fluid, i haven't had any problems with it and the brake feels solid and responsive  :-  :)

Elaborate.

LHM stands for?

Same as normal maggie blood or royal blood?

I find normal maggie blood too slow returning.

Thanks anyway.

It's hydraulic fluid for citroens, but is identical to Magura blood. Find the leaks and stick with water  :-

Pete

There are no leaks everyone I know who runs water has to top it up all the time.

I'm staying with water at mo but i'm looking for an alternative.

There are no leaks everyone I know who runs water has to top it up all the time.

I'm staying with water at mo but i'm looking for an alternative.

thats strange because before the winter I ran water for a year and the brake was perfect without bleeding it once, totally solid there was no air in there at all. Maybe I was just being a flukey bugga.

Oh and that lhm stuff is pretty thick, too thick if you ask moi.

Edited by JonPace

You don't want to be listening to these guys with the LHM as it takes a decade for the lever to return.

I'm not sure about your brake but I have bled mine and a mates brake with water and they both have needed nothing done with them in over a year.

Water could even be slowly leaking out of the hole in the lever where you put the barbed bleed connector in? Some locktite on the threads stopped my old magura doing that (was with oil but same situation, leaking really slowly)

I've just been checking it over then and my piston was f**ked. So I changed the pistons then when I was putting the grub screw back in the lever cracked.

Not a happy chappy.

Thanks for the help anyway boys.

I've got a 1lt bottle of LHM Plus, very high viscocity (sp) so lever returns fine.

You're in liverpool right? You can have some if you want to try it. 

Leon

I've got spare maggie systems/parts I can sell too.

LHM... Liquid Hydraulic Mineral

the higher the viscocity the thicker the fluid, i think you mean low viscocity (Y)

It's hydraulic fluid for citroens, but is identical to Magura blood. Find the leaks and stick with water  (Y)

Pete

shitmano mineral disc brake fluid ! or polyglugacin (sp) stuff for metro sus

ivr always run water and screen wash never frozen or needed a bleed (Y)