Leeson 609

sharn

that is sex  :">

3 things though, the rear QR look crap can't you switch to bolts?

It's also on the wrong side, your QRs should always be on the non drive side of the bike.

hopfully my next leeson will look much better.

(Y) I cant wait then :) ;)

Edited by nichols_sam

• 1 month later...
Err...Why?

Industry standard. Mechs usually on the right so it will get in the way PLUS if you're in a race and you're a professional with a support team and you get a puncture they will go straight to the left hand side of your bike to replace the wheel - if your quick release is on the wrong side then that's valuable time lost!

Sam

P.S. Sharn, can you explain the fact that there is no tensioner on your bike? Are they made to be perfect tension or summit?

im sure it feels nice but i dont understand how people like the looks of those bikes. Thin tubes and pink writing. 1940's lookin bike to me :/

Well it could be down to th.. I'm not saying that lmao.

It/They look clean, simpel uncluttered, light, and even If it looks like it was made in the 1940's, doubt it would have been, there was a war on.. but it looks nice, each to his own though..

Has anyone ever built a 24 that ISNT black? I sure haven't seen one.

yeah they are quite a few knocking about, including a blue and a white Ashton!

Steve A's leeson is grey

Jon Shrewbury's leeson is brown

Boon's Curtis is green

But yeah a lot are black, mainly because thats the only colour the Ashton came in! Anyhow black is cool...

mike

just curios, are those horizontal dropouts? or is it just luck that you dont need a chain tensioner??

Standard Leeson 360 dropouts...

Clive can aqdjust the chainstays to get an almost perfect chain tension without the need of a tensioner... However, this is generally NOT permanent since chains stretch etc - when this does happen you need to get a tensioner.

Unless you run a really chunky non stretchy chain :)

hey guys,

Theyre just standard 360 dropouts yeah :) and no, i didnt ask for a specific length to get perfect tension.. it was just coincedence.

Im runnin a leeson tesioner now anyway becos the chain stretched and became abit slack.

Its black becos iv always had black bikes, and i like them. pretty simple.

Pink stickers have gone now anyway, its now just black n silver. I got my old seatpost back on too after clive machined it down for me.

It looks much nicer now. Ill try get a new pic soon :)

Pretty certain this is the last frame i will ever have, its perfect, :P

Sharn