Very Annoying

ive changed the pedals on my bike tightened my isis middleburns as much as they can go, and checked the BB for movement but ever damn time i take a bloody pedal stroke i keep getting this crunch, crunch, crunch!! repeatedly!!!

if i pedal really lightly and take the pressure off a fair bit its silent, if my bikes been left in the rain its silent, but if i push hard on the pedals or bounce on the right crank pointing downwards its makes the crunch noise, i can also feel it in the through the pedals when its crunches.

and there is no crack on the frame.

any suggestions? if i need a new BB what one is good for a koxx 1065 levelboss (ISIS)

p.s. sorry for my poor knowledge but i havent been able to keep up with the trials scene due to work etc.

you havnt got wd40 in the pedal bearings or the bb have you? i suggest you get some 3 in 1 lube, and do your pedals and bb (just out it in as close as it will go and it will find its way to the bearings). or it may have been damaged by water... and yea, if your bb is made by truvativ, throw it out as they make the worst bb's in the world, ive killed 5 of the sodding things, and one of them on an xc ride...

hope this has been some kind of help to you laddy :P

My first raceface bb did this when I cut the seat tube on my frame down and forgot to take out the bb (Y) :"> This meant that the shavings managed to work themselves into the shell, so that the slightest of movements made the nice crunch your refering to.

I'd suggest an FSA platinum DH as someone up here /\ has allready mentioned. Mine seems to be holding out well.

Tom

Yeah My bike does that!! :P

It didn't when i first fit my BB 'cos I greased it up nice but It's started doing it.

Doubt it's my pedals, as they're Wellgo V12 Copies, which are sealed and pretty decent.

My cranks are Monty Xlite Square Taper ones :P Which aren't bad.

And my BB's a Shimano UN128 (widest you can buy) in my Zoo Python.

I'm thinking it's my BB so i'm going to buy a 'FSA platinum DH' like people above suggested.

Hope it sorts it :">

When they were first put on a couple of months ago they were, as the grease was in the pedal threads on the cranks :o

However i'll hav a go Ali.

Are you not riding today? Come ride halifax later (Half 1 meet at the halifax)

*runs to take off pedals to grease up the pedal threads again*

When they were first put on a couple of months ago they were, as the grease was in the pedal threads on the cranks :o

However i'll hav a go Ali.

Are you not riding today? Come ride halifax later (Half 1 meet at the halifax)

*runs to take off pedals to grease up the pedal threads again*

cant ride today, I am picking up my car.

I might cruise in and see if I can find you though. would be late afternoon.

cant ride today, I am picking up my car.

I might cruise in and see if I can find you though. would be late afternoon.

We're riding til 5 ish. my number's 07731 520765 so give me a ring if you'll be about. I think we're cruising down to Wales with you next friday, and Waddy and IOLO etc.

I'll give waddy a ring about riding tomorrow too.

We're thinking leeds?

Anywayyyy Nick :o

I had new cranks and a new bb do this to me as well, but rather than go down the grease route, I stipped and cleaned everything carefully and then made sure it all went back together straight.

I put it all back together using a little bit of bedding compound to take up the teeny-tiny bit of space between the bb axle and the crank arms and PTFE tape on the crank bolts, then did them up very very tightly, and two rides in - silence ...

I have got into the habit of frequently checking my crank bolts though'.