.~

Sponge

ive never had many problems with aluminium frames, ive used steel and to be hinset they feel 'dull' compared to aluminium, theyre also heavier and prone to rusting from the inside of the tubes if not correctly looked after, fair enough it is easier to weld, but 4130 cromo still needs heat treating, like aluminium, the only steel that doesnt need heat treating is t45 tubing, this would be great to make a frame out of

regards ash :o

Theres no point trying to make a street mod bike. If you want to do street, get a stock.

And as far as i know chromo steel, to get the same strength as alu, weights alot more. So if you want a lightish chromo steel bike, its going to be quite weak. Not 100% certain about what i just said there though.

Anyway, the t-bone snapped in half didn't it?

Theres no point trying to make a street mod bike. If you want to do street, get a stock.

And as far as i know chromo steel, to get the same strength as alu, weights alot more. So if you want a lightish chromo steel bike, its going to be quite weak. Not 100% certain about what i just said there though.

Anyway, the t-bone snapped in half didn't it?

I f**king hate you.

Why do you have to ride street on a stock?

I just think that they are more suited to street. I mean, when do you ever people doing street on mods. If you look at the TM1 vid, there vertualy no mods on the whole thing, and when there is a mod rider, they arn't exactly doing very streety moves.

I just think that they are more suited to street. I mean, when do you ever people doing street on mods. If you look at the TM1 vid, there vertualy no mods on the whole thing, and when there is a mod rider, they arn't exactly doing very streety moves.

So beacause no one in TM-1 rides mod then that means they are shit for street?

Nah, I thought that anyone could ride anybike how they wanted and not have to follow what other people did.  I'm sorry I didn't understand we had to follow what other riders did.

Well, your not going to get attacked by rabid dogs if you do. You can ride mountain bikes on the road if you like, but a road bike will be more suited.

And i was only using TM1 video as an example, as i couldnt think of any other well know street vids.

If you want to ride street on a mod thats up to you, but i would think you'll get more out of street riding a stock.

Edited by JT!

craig lee scott?

Ah, well. We're getting into the argument of what defines street. I see street as 180's 360's, manuals, wall taps/rides. More technique, bmxy type stuff, rather than CLS's power moves.

So if your talking about CLS's style of street, yes they can be rode on a mod. Its the other type of street that i think should realy be rode on a stock.

Edited by JT!

JT! your not going to win this one... however two types of street is partially true.. although i like to think of TM1 as bmx on a big boys bike.

Ah well whatever, i'm not out to win it but i'll let it be. :o

I can see where your coming from on the 'two types of street' sorta thing. But if you put your mind to it, im sure you can ride 'street' stlye on a mod just aswell as on a stock. If someone who can is reading this, let's have a vid PLEASE!

Ah, well. We're getting into the argument of what defines street. I see street as 180's 360's, manuals, wall taps/rides. More technique, bmxy type stuff, rather than CLS's power moves.

So if your talking about CLS's style of street, yes they can be rode on a mod. Its the other type of street that i think shouldn't realy be rode on a mod.

have you watched the early stuff that steve a did on his mod? like to see you pull that all on a stock and make it look as impressive, sorry JT but your talking shite, mods are just as suited to street as stock's are, just depends how you set em up and how you ride it...

i f**kin hate the sepeartion that goes on in trials, for christ sake can't we all just ride instead of going 'yeah but no but' all the time, it makes everyone sound like such a twat when they get into all this ah you can't do that on that bike, f**ks sake look at what they did 10-15 years ago, see any bitching about doing it on the wrong bike then? ashton was riding an xc frame and hawsie was riding a girls frame, no one got funny about it they just got on with it and rode!

stop chatting shit and go ride!

:P

have you watched the early stuff that steve a did on his mod? like to see you pull that all on a stock and make it look as impressive, sorry JT but your talking shite, mods are just as suited to street as stock's are, just depends how you set em up and how you ride it...

i f**kin hate the sepeartion that goes on in trials, for christ sake can't we all just ride instead of going 'yeah but no but' all the time, it makes everyone sound like such a twat when they get into all this ah you can't do that on that bike, f**ks sake look at what they did 10-15 years ago, see any bitching about doing it on the wrong bike then? ashton was riding an xc frame and hawsie was riding a girls frame, no one got funny about it they just got on with it and rode!

stop chatting shit and go ride!

I'm not here saying you can't do street on a mod, i'm just saying that stocks are more suited, but people seem to be cramming word in my mouth. :o

If anyones got a vid of someone doing street on a mod, i would like to see it. :P