.~

Sponge

god u guys...stop gettin ur willies out over the street vs natural arguement it's been sorted 100 times over

all you need to know is street / cro-mo was tried on a mod (t-bone)

gallery_278_7_2590.jpg

gallery_278_7_9953.jpg

and you see..

u CAN'T ride street on a mod..look wat happens :P" :P :o :P :P

lol

Edited by the boon

That was the non heat-treated one, I think. I think my...second T-Bone was the heaviest out of them all. By "heavy", we're talking 27lbs. I even rode a f**king comp on that bike, then it snapped 2 days later. Gutted.

Anyhoo, that one was the triple butted rear triangle jobby with I *think* straight gauge tubing front triangle.

But yeah, I broke all three at the headtube that I had, Olly broke his original one, then the non-heat-treated version of my frame. I think it lasted like one ride with him :o

Either way, get Steve-A's videos from a while back. Street on a mod. If you just try it, it really isn't that difficult to do, it's just a matter of perspective. Since starting BMXing I've been doing more streety stuff on my mod, and it's pretty straight-forward as long as you approach it in the right mindset, really.

Least that's how I found it.

Mark.

Ah, well. We're getting into the argument of what defines street. I see street as 180's 360's, manuals, wall taps/rides. More technique, bmxy type stuff, rather than CLS's power moves.

So if your talking about CLS's style of street, yes they can be rode on a mod. Its the other type of street that i think should realy be rode on a stock.

I totally agree that THIS type of riding is true street, I hate it when people go "I ride street" and that actually mean basically exactly the same as riding natural or comp style, but on an urban environment.

To me street means bunnyhops, manuals, spins, etc. I ride street, and I came from my giant trials team to my current t-pro (soon aquiring bongo's older 221 frame hopefully!). I ride it with my bmxy m8 sometimes, and do the same kinda lines as him, big manuals into hops etc. I actually think mods are the best at riding street yet maintaining the trialsy feel to them!

I find riding a properly streety-geometry stock (e.g. 390-400mm stays) doesnt have that "trialsy feel", whereas a mod which manuals just as well would feel sooo much more trialsy! Like my t-pro, with miniscule 362mm stays, which actually doesnt manual that badly considering.

What the f**k.

When i ride walls and stuff, it usually is on the street. When i ride rocks and shit, its usually natural. Stop trying to define everything to the last detail.

I ride street, on a street. No i don't do manuals and shit on the walls, but im not about to go and say "Yeah, i ride close" or "I ride concrete". Stop being so politicly correct.

If you want a steel/cromo mod, get a leeson, if they decided to make them that is. Otherwise, just ride your alu things. Anyone can manual on anything, whether it be 375 chainstays or 400 chainstays, it just takes practice.

This is not abuse aimed at anyone before someone decides to go off on one, its just opinion on this subject.

This goes towards the post above since i cant be arsed to quote: People do care because this is a forum.. as stated in numerous topics before if we all just went out and rode then there would be no forum. No reflections of opinions no arguments no nothing. EVERYONE CAN HAVE AN OPINION

This goes towards the post above since i cant be arsed to quote: People do care because this is a forum.. as stated in numerous topics before if we all just went out and rode then there would be no forum. No reflections of opinions no arguments no nothing. EVERYONE CAN HAVE AN OPINION

i'm not saying you cant have an oppinion, i'd rather people all had oppinions of there own, that way we get a good diversity within the sport however i feel the define street or define trials is a stupid one, people spend more time worrying about which 'type' of trials they ride than they do actually riding...

i'm not saying you cant have an oppinion, i'd rather people all had oppinions of there own, that way we get a good diversity within the sport however i feel the define street or define trials is a stupid one, people spend more time worrying about which 'type' of trials they ride than they do actually riding...

Well, we got to do something when its 22:30.

There are effectivy an infinite number of types of trials. But i think there are 3 main areas of trials, but we only have two names for the 3. And it can sometimes make things confusing. :) :) (Y)

You really don't get it do you JT! (Y) There will be other rider's out there who can do it on a mod, just may not be on this forum... or this country even. It's got nothing to do with what bike you ride, it's how the rider rides it.

I just think that they are more suited to street. I mean, when do you ever people doing street on mods. If you look at the TM1 vid, there vertualy no mods on the whole thing, and when there is a mod rider, they arn't exactly doing very streety moves.

Late reply I know, but there weren't made Mod's in TM1 cos the only people that ride 20" round here (Farnham, Surrey) is Craig Firth and if we do ride street, its always chilled, as in no cameras or anything. Im a street rider and im getting a 20", so I'll be a Mod Street Rider! Bring it on! (Y)

Jonny.

Late reply I know, but there weren't made Mod's in TM1 cos the only people that ride 20" round here (Farnham, Surrey) is Craig Firth and if we do ride street, its always chilled, as in no cameras or anything.  Im a street rider and im getting a 20", so I'll be a Mod Street Rider!  Bring it on! :)

Jonny.

Bring on the vids (Y)

I'm probably never going to be the most technically refined 'trials' rider, my balance isn't great and I don't happen to find comps all that entertaining (that's not a dig, guys who ride comps and clean sections are damn good riders). Basically when I ride I don't spend ages obsessing over one move, I go fast and bunnyhop at stuff and generally have a fantastic time with my kinda people. Two kinds of street? Rubbish, if you're riding on a street, it's street, there are no rules, you just use the obstacles how you want.

Joe

Im a street rider and im getting a 20", so I'll be a Mod Street Rider!  Bring it on! :)

Jonny.

I'll believe it when I see it Jonny ;) How many times have you said that? B20D was it last time (Y)" hehe I'll look forward to seeing it anyways.

Personaly i find that stock is loads easyer to do "streety" stuff on than mod because i find that mods, because of the long stems have alot more twitchy steering, and because your weight tends to be more over the bars it can sometimes feel more awkward to roll about as smooth. Don't get me wrong it can be done but it takes a bit longer to learn to flow as good. IMO :P

Edited by spangler

JT I recommended you for validation back in the day and I'm starting to wish I hadn't bothered. Your extent of posting for the time you've been here is ridiculous.

You've sparked another sodding short/long street/natural argument and it just wasn't needed.

Topic title: 'Replying to We Need More Steel/cromo Mods'

Two have been done, the T-bone, which was immensely shit, and the Leeson, which I'm sure clive would do again if asked.

as for the rest of this thread, you could all argue the toss of riding styles and that forever and still get nowhere, at the end of the day if that's so important to you that it results in petty fueds like this then you need to get a perspective on things.

We all ride for fun, today when me and some mates split off from the group in southampton we had the following bikes:

Matt urban on his Tpro 20

Me on my Revell 24 street bike

Aidy on his Leeson 26

Paul on a BMX

Steve on a BMX

We all just had a blast and rode for the hell of it, and not at any point did we question what we were riding on each bike, it just didn't come into it. You can ride anything on anything and if you are having fun doing so then f**k what any UCI/Street loving freaks say about pureism and just do what makes you smile because they are the ones bringing the fuel to the fire.

Theres no point trying to make a street mod bike. If you want to do street, get a stock.

I f**king hate you.

I say one thing, and i get a reply like that, from a senior member. :P

All i have said in this topic is that stocks are more suited to street than mods.

Anyway, as for the 'argument', it takes two to tango.

I say one thing, and i get a reply like that, from a senior member.  :P

All i have said in this topic is that stocks are more suited to street than mods.

Anyway, as for the 'argument', it takes two to tango.

:P.

James - One more medicated peaceful moment. says:

if he wasnt such a noob he'd know you're the forum bitch lol.

That's aimed at you JT!. Don't go around making stupid comments.

Any riding can be done on any bike if the person does so wish to ride that way.